Chapter 24

"Ish finish your milk quickly or else mommy will get angry", Nandini commanded Ish as she combed Mannat's hair.

"How long Nandu it's already nine thirty.", Manik huffed entering the room.

Nandini glared at him before finishing Mannat's hair.

"Make your son drink that milk and take these two away. And let me get ready", she grumbled shoving the two kids and a glass of milk all to Manik.

"Easy Nandu easy," he chuckled at her distressed state but quickly shut up as her glare focused on him.

Tucking his two kids and the glass of milk Manik fled away leaving Nandini to get prepared.

By the time Nandini came down, the other two were already in the back seat poking and tickling each other. She approached the car and Manik took her hand leading her to the car.
He opened her the door and as she settled in he stole a quick kiss leaving her heart fluttering.
"Did I mention how beautiful my wife looks", he smiled as Nandini blushed. Manik took his seat and looked back at his kids.

"Ready guys?", he asked and all three of them shouted together.

"Yeassss", and a roar of laughter began as they cleared from the driveway.

**☆**

After two hours drive they reached the destination.  Manik parked the car in the lot. Nandini got out grasping Ish  and Manik took Mannat.

They entered the big hall of "Department of Neurology and Mental Illness, Newyork."

Manik filled in the necessities and a nurse lead them to the backyard. The four Malhotras had been visiting this place for the last five months. As soon as they reached the garden Mannat and ish freed themselves and ran into the arms of the couple who we're resting in the warm sun.

"Hi honey", Harshad beamed as Mannat wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Hi dad", she chirped as he kissed her forehead.

Being left out Ish  hopped onto his lap as Soha ruffled his hairs. Harshad kissed Ish cheeks too as both the kids crushed him in their hugs.

As Manik and Nandini reached the kids freed Harshad and launched on their next target Soha to shower her with lots of kisses and love. Manik took a seat beside Harshad patting his back and giving him a smile.

The children along with Soha and Nandini left for the swings leaving the two men alone. Though things have changed a lot but the tension between both of them didn't evaporate away completely.

After a long silence Harshad spoke," I know I can't thank you enough for everything you did even after what I did. I am not worthy of your forgiveness and I don't ask you to forgive me too. But I just I just want to thank you for giving me a second chance at this, Manik. I am grateful that Mannat gt you as a father. You are going to raise a fine lady. " He looked at Manik for an answer but there was no response. And Harshad knew he deserved that treatment from Manik.

"I forgave you already Harshad", Manik sighed turning towards him.

"Really?" Harshad asked clearly astonished.

"You remember the day first day I came here with Mannat. Soha was standing at a corner tears flowing relentlessly as she watched you struggle and scream fighting with the nurses here. That day all I wanted to do was take Mannat in my arms and run away from this place and never come back. But I saw the change at once as your eyes focused on her. And I knew that you may hate me, your life and this whole world. But you love your daughter. Maybe not as much as me but you did.", both of them laughed softly at the comparison. "And as she approached you and wrapped her tiny arms your neck you broke. You broke into hysteric tears holding her close to you. I forgave you that very moment Harshad."

"Thank you", was all Harshad could manage to choke out before Mannat came running towards them with ish tagging behind. She settled on Manik's Lap as Ish on Harshad. The two ladies joined them too.

"Here me and ish made this for all of you." Mannat produced a sheet of paper and handed it to Nandini and ish giggled with excitement as the four adults focused on the drawing.

Two men on both ends, with two ladies beside them followed by a little girl and a smaller boy. Standing in a line holding hands. Dad was written above both men, Mom over the two ladies and the girl Mannat and Ish  the smallest boy and the word FAMILY above all of them.

They all were a family now,a big large family, all six of them.

                     The End

This marks the end of the whole journey. Writing both the books were a great experience for me and I thoroughly enjoyed it very much. And I can't thank enough you people for your love and support all through out. Thanks for giving me company through out the journey. Hope you liked the different way the story ended. Love u all. You can leave your question and queries in the comment section if you have any.