Chapter 15

His lips moulded perfectly against hers. The gaps the distance melted away, leaving behind the sweet pleasure of togetherness. Manik's arms wrapped around Nandini and she linked her her palms on his neck pulling him more towards her.

She missed him. She knew.

He missed her. But he was not aware.

Manik faced her and placed his index finger under her chin and pulled her face up. She was still sobbing and it hurt him.

He slowly kissed away her tears and then he leaned further to bring their lips closer.

As their lips were millimeters away Manik whispered," Nandini that night we were drunk but nothing happened, and even if something would have happened I would have never regretted.

I know you are hurt and my words won't leave a mark, so I need to show you how much I love being with you. I know it may seem that we are going fast but I don't want any misunderstanding between us and I won't force you too. So stop me when you feel its too much", as he reduced the gap between their lips to zero.

A current passed through both their bodies as their lips touched. Manik kissed her slowly putting all the passion and love in the kiss.

The blissful moment of their first kiss clouded Manik's head making him dive more into the pleasure. He wasn't aware of his actions. He was being drawn towards the fire of passion, as he slowly traced Nandini's spine with his fingers.

But was he ready for getting burnt in that fire?

The moment Nandini's fingers landed up his shirt buttons, Manik paused. He gasped and moved back as reality hit him with a blast.

What was he doing? The flashbacks and the present huddled around him, and he stared like a lost person at Nandini. Her hair was messed, her lips swelled from their earlier encounter, and God she looked stunning. Manik felt the same attraction building up inside him again.

"I need to go! I need to leave, Gosh what's happening to me...", he mumbled leaving Nandini alone in the washroom.

He combed his fingers through his hair as he dashed out of the building. Hundreds of memories of Nandini and him together flashed in front of him.

He caged his head within his fingers trying to get rid of the pictures swirling across his brain.

"Stop! Stop this, stop please", he broke in the middle of the street fighting helplessly with his past memories.

"Manik!", a soft hand rested on his shoulder freeing his at once from the past and kicking him back to the present.

Manik took a huge plunge of air filling his lungs with oxygen. He panted and gasped and the hand massaged his broad shoulders helping him cope up. He was thankful to the person.

Finally when he was back to his normal self, he turned to the source of help.

The lady gave him a warm smile, and Manik couldn't help but smile back. She seemed familiar but of course he didn't remember.

"Hey, you okay now Manik.", she asked slight concern in her voice.

"Yeah, thank you for helping though!"

"Oh don't thank me at all. I am happy to help.", she flashed her smile again.

"Do I know you? I mean I am having this memory loss thing and....", the lady stopped him in his sentence,

"Well I know it, Manik. And I will love to have an conversation with you but I think we should shift to the park benches. Its kind of odd to sit and talk on the pavements..".

Manik checked his surroundings, well yea they were on the street.

"Okay... Sure."

Both of them headed to the park, and after settling on a free bench, the lady began," So how are you feeling now?"

"Better I guess", Manik replied.

"What happened back there? You kind of crumbled in the middle of the street? Do you want to take me back home? Does Nandini knows you're here?", the lady shot all her queries at once.

"Woaah lady come down... That's a hell lot of questions, all at once. I am not going to answer them unless I know something about you. You seem oddly familiar but I can't relate you."

"Okay so let's do this in a different way. How about you ask me a question first and then I will do the same to you, and then gradually we both will be done with our queries.... What say", the lady proposed.

Manik tilted his head, weighing the possibilities. And at last he decided to go with it.

"Okay... Me first", Manik spoke and she nodded.

"What is your name?", Manik asked his first question.

"Soha Khurrana"

Manik tried to ping his neurons to work but nothing happened. Soha didn't ring any bell.

"My turn, what happened to do back there?", Soha asked.

"Uhmm I really don't know. I was having this images and pictures all being stuffed in my head. Probably the memories are making its way back in here", Manik poked his head to show.

Soha was amazed to see the new form of Manik. He seemed so innocent so raw. She couldn't believe this was the man she had played with, lied to. And she felt guilty pangs that made her sick. She felt sorry for her past deeds. Her thoughts broke as Manik shot his next question to her.

"How are we related? I mean how do we know each other?"

His query was a simple one but the answer to it was difficult. Soha was not sure how was manik going to take the news but she knew she can't lie to him anymore. She had already done enough. It was time for them to start anew. No lies no betrayal.
So she said...

"I was your first wife Manik and mother of Mannat."

Yay!! Finally I came back. Actually am down with seriously bruised ribs and am tied to bed rest for three weeks. Anyways what do you think is going to happen......

It has been calm for long
And its time for the storm...

Type in your guess and the one who will be able to guess right will get have their names on the next chapter...... This is just a fun thing.

Let's see who knows my evil mind...

Happy reading.