Chapter 14

The pure and raw emotion that Nandini had grown used to had vanished these days, but the reality didn't hit her this strong. The moment Manik stared deep into her soul with his love filled eyes, she instantly recognised the warm twirling feeling that gush through her each time he looks at her like that. She missed being loved by him, she missed his dreamy stares and his crooked smiles that were reserved only for her. And even after several inner turmoils she had decided not to get affected by the overwhelming pain and hollowness she felt sometime.

And she had pretty well came this far but the one stare from him shook all her determination, made her falter. She ached for those warm arms to wrap around her, those lips to brush against her own, she just wanted back the love she deserved, and settle back in his heart where she belongs.

Nandini sighs as Manik quickly pulls his gaze away and returns back to the jumping kid. She has yet to wait.

"Manik, will you pick up Mannat from her stop today."

Manik didn't turn to face her but answered a small 'okay'

"Ish come you need to clean up, baby....", Nandini forwarded her arms for her baby.

"I don't want to have a bath now, I want to play with daddy.", he passed a pleading face to his mother hopping she would let him go.

"You can always play with daddy later... "
Nandini shifted forward but Ish cuddled more into Manik hiding himself there. He knew he was safe there.

"Ish don't trouble me, please come down.", Nandini cajoled him but Ishq wasn't even ready to budge.

Seeing that things are slipping out of hands Manik decided to intervene.

"Buddy why don't you go and have a bath with mommy while I will go and get us two bowls of our favourite chocolate ice creams."

Ish's eyes twinkled at the mention of the ice-cream. He hopefully pulled himself out of his shelter from his dad's chest and asked,"Can I have it before bathing."

Manik looks at Nandini silently asking for the next move and Nandini nods a no. Manik turns back his attention to the little kid and replied," Boy I would have said yes, but I don't think I will like having my desert with a stinking guy." And he cringed his nose as if he sniffed in the bad smell.

It takes a little time for ish to process that the comment was made for him. Well he was still a baby.

"I don't stink", he added doubtfully raising his arms to detect whether Manik is right or not.

Manik took that cue and placing his hands on either side of his son, he leaped out of the couch and rushed all the way to the washroom. He dipped Ish into the soapy water tub and chuckled," You seriously stink Ish!"

And before Manik could gather him self up a splash of soap water wets his body and there it started..... The fourth world war with water and bubbles.

"What the hell are you doing!!!", Nandini's voiced echoed through the apartment and both Manik and ish dropped their nasty jobs to look up at the angry Nandini who was fuming. If it was possible then by now she would have steam coming out of her ears. Ish quickly stripped himself and leaving the tub he took a quick shower. Like the most good boy he cleaned himself up and exited the washroom to save himself from the wrath of his mother.

"Lunch is on the table.", Nandini added in a serious tone.

"Okay..", ish left without any word. Well the boy knows his mom is angry.

The one person who didn't budge was Manik. He was still hunched on his toes staring at Nandini.

Manik had been startled by her sudden appearance. He was having a great time with Ish but the moment he saw Nandini his world slipped. She looked amazingly beautiful in her angry self.

The power she reflected and the sharp surety that she held I'm her eyes made her look absolutely stunning.

The first Manik had seen her was when he woke up after the accident. No doubt she appeared beautiful, but until now he had never observed her like this. The dark locks that freed themselves from her messy bun adorned her fair face. There was a tint of red on her cheeks and her large eyes had the angry glare as she studied her son. Ish had immediately done his job here and left without a protest and that's when Nandini's eyes locked with his intense gaze.

Her features faltered and her anger faded away. Her body stiffened as she saw Manik getting up from his position and treading slowly towards her. There was different glint in his eyes, the normal playfulness was gone and there was uncertainty. As if he himself was trying to comprehend something.

Nandini's breath escalated as he drew closer reducing the gap between them.

Manik was in a daze, he had never felt this way before. He never expected that someone could have this effect on him. But here he was being drawn to Nandini, and he could just stop himself.

Manik raised his hands to caress Nandini's cheek with his fingers as a image flashed through his eyes......

Nandini was standing infront of him, her hands on her hips and a large scowl on her face. She looked breath taking, as if sh owns the whole damn world.

"Why should I trust you, I don't even know!", she barked.

And even then he was blown by her anger.

Manik shakes away the blurry images as the angelic face materialized in front of him. The pinks pouty lips and the craving look in Nandini's eyes forced him to lower down and place his lips on her.

Well the first time Manik was smitten by angry Nandu, and guess what, it happened all over again.

Monday is here. So am I... Hope you enjoy the update. Things getting little better among the Manan..... Yayyy

Next update tomorrow.