Chapter 7

Dedicated to SutapaSarbabhom

Nandini wrapped her hands around him pulling Manik into a hug.

"I am so happy for you Manik...", she said as a few tears made their way out.

Manik was baffled. Why the hell is she crying now!!!!

But before he could ask it the doctor returned back.

"Mr Malhotra there are some tests that I would like to perform on you, so Nandini and Nyonika I would ask you guys to leave for a while."

"Sure", Nyonika spoke pulling Nandini out with her while Manik silently watched them go.

"So Manik... Let's start.", the doctor gave a small smile.

Manik tilted his head in as a gesture to go on.

"So you believe to be in the year 2009."

"Yes.", his brief answer followed.

"Do you remember the date?"

Manik pondered about the question for sometime but then nodded a no.

"The girl that was here with your mom did you catch her name?", the doctor asked.

"Nandini, you called her that.", Manik answered.

"Okay.... So you can form new memories.... That's something to move on.", the doctor replied letting out a tired breath as he went through Manik's files.

After a few minutes of scribbling the doctor closed his files and placed them on the bedside table. He shifted in to a comfortable posture as he turned his attention to Manik who had been patiently waiting for the doctor to continue.

"Now Manik you have to listen to everything that I have to say...", the doctor stopped briefly to see his reaction but Manik was cool and so he continued.

"You are not in 2009. The date today is 7th June 2016. You had been an accident in your office, the Malhotra Industries. You are no longer in college rather your the shining business tycoon of New York.

You are married to Nandini Murthy and you have two kids Mannat and Ishq."

Manik kept staring at the doctor feeling numb. He wanted to get away from all this mess. He wanted to get back to where he was.

He closed his eyes wishing for all this to pass. Hope this all be a dream or rather a nightmare.

He reopened his eyes. But this was the reality and here's a new challenge that his life has thrown at him. And he needs to face it.

"Okay.... So what do you suggest me to do?", Manik asked. It was obvious that he was loosing it.

"For now I can say that you are suffering from Retrograde Amnesia. This leads to loss of memory before the day of surgery or accident, in your case we may say the accident at the office triggered it. The memory loss can extend from a few months to decades. As you have been saying that the last memory you have is in the year 2009 then we can deduct that you lost the memories of these seven years.", the doctor informed.

"You want to say that I won't be remembering anything that has happened to me in these seven years!!", Manik asked.

"See the thing is that you remember everything. Nothing gets deleted from the brain. It has unlimited storage space. There is nothing wrong with your memory. The problem that you have is in the retrieving system. You can't get the information about your past. The channel between your storage unit and conscious part of your brain is blocked which happens due to sudden shock or so.

You maybe getting vibes or flying images about your past as your brain will try to repair the damage. So the best thing to do now is to go with your life as it was. I would be writing your discharge form and you will be sent home by tomorrow. Homely surroundings will help you to recover faster. And you can't stress yourself, Manik. I know you will be having lots of questions and doubts but you have to be patient and you won't be able to know when the gaps will get filled itself", the doctor patted his back lightly as he got up.

Though Manik wanted to shout at the peak of his voice but he gave up the idea. Rather he decided to take a few deep breaths....

"No stress... Everything will be fine," he told himself.

-----------------------------------------------------

"How is he now?", the lady asked.

"Physically he is fine but the doctor said he is suffering from long term memory loss.", Nandini sighed.

The Lady gave her a friendly hug and said," It will be fine Nandini. Don't worry...."

"Yes... I hope so. But I can't thank you enough... Without you he won't be even breathing... Thank you for saving his life, Soha."

Guys I will be updating twice a week from now as I am concentrating on my other Manan ff. And I am giving regular updates there so its kind of difficult to maintain both.

So sorry for the irregularity.

And I would request you guys to check out Manan its not meant to be.

Till then happy reading.