Swamps....Swamps and you guessed it more swamps.

What are we doing in Mistral. We have work to do outside this dreary place Weiss. -Ruby to Weiss

Blake's POV

The sifting air of stagnant water was foul. I felt like throwing up over the side of the airship before we even got to the Haven Academy to be able to meet up with the rest of the gang. Ruby was still asleep in Weiss's lap and though she will never admit it I know she likes Ruby more than as a friend. She stroked Ruby's hair lovingly when she thought I wasn't watching.

Sun I could tell was hiding something from us. He keep tapping his knee and couldn't seem to stay still a common sign that a faunus has something to hide or is extremely nervous. I tried prodding it from him but he keep saying that he didn't want to say. Even my glare couldn't get him to tell me.

He finally stated I would learn about it when we got to Haven. Before he went to sleep with the soft thrum of the airship and its shifting metal ever so slightly. We it only seemed like hours we have been on the ship but according to the captain we have been been on it for a day now and would be at Haven within the next 2 days. The food on board was interesting but about as tasty as stale popcorn.

People of Mistral had weird tastes it seems, apparently a no fish diet. The horror.

........

Meanwhile at Haven. Jaune's POV

Death..Death and more death. Why did this have to happen to my team. Pyrrha died in the attack on Beacon. We fought back to back against the attacking White Fang and against the humans that attacked us. That green haired and tan skinned girl took what mattered to me the most. My team members.

Nora and Ren stayed by my side through it all but I cannot help but think that I am becoming a burden to them. They are having to force me to eat. Nora is trying to cheer me up but I know deep down she is affected by the loss of Pyrrha more than me or Ren. I knew she cried herself to sleep when she thought we were out of it.

She tries to stay cheerful so as to not force all three of us into a depression. Ren has been talking less than usual wanting to sleep into well past noon. We have been told we would be getting a new team soon. Apparently being merged with team RWBY to form RWBJNR(Ruby Juniper) when they could find them. 

Though I was told we would both be leaders that the team is split in two but considered the same entity. 

According to our new headmaster Mrs. Alice who is nice but has a bit of a crazy edge to her if you piss her off. Just ask Neptune who somehow is on her bad side. She has a cruel way of punishing someone. According to Neptune her semblance drags others into another world briefly where their worse fears come to light for a bit. Apparently called Wonderland.

The thoughts of Pyrrha slowly drifted back causing me to tear up and Nora being Nora grabbed me by my legs and started to drag me across the carpet outside the door.

"Nora what the hell. No!" She dragged me out the door and outside. The air smelled badly of swamp and stagnant water making you want to hurl. The cobblestone of the sidewalk dug into the soft skin of my back. She finally stopped when we got to the place we both enjoyed the most at Haven. The fountain that had the heros that gave their lives to try to save Beacon.

The statues had the likeness of the fiery Yang Xiao long fighting against her brother and had Pyrrha fighting beside me against the tanned haired individuals likeness. The rest of the hunters and huntresses fought hordes of Grimm in the statue. Sure it brought back bad memories but I am glad that Haven decided to honor these hunters and huntresses for their bravery.

The soft pitch of airship churning the air got me out of the state. It seemed team RWBY has arrived.