Seasons past away.

A/N Well this will be the final chapter telling of Alice in the past. Next chapter will pick up the action. This chapter skips to the funeral of Summer Rose. It will go in detail about it. Enjoy.

Alice's POV

How? Why? These questions were going through my head as my best friend was killed defending her son at her funeral. The deep black everyone wore to honor her made the beauty of the hillside look populated by Grimm.

Her young kids. Omega, Ruby and her adopted stepdaughter Yang that she treated as her own were weeping openly. Ruby seemed to not know what was going on. The poor thing was only 7 and felt lost. Yang seemed to take it hard as did Omega.

Omega seemed traumatized by what he had gone through considering he inadvertently got his mom killed. Taiyang seemed to not want to bear with the pain.  He told me of his plans to send the kids to live with Qrow.

The rites were done with me as the pallbearer. The site of her favorite hillside where she watched the sunrise and sunsets each day. Now it was the site of pain and a grave.

I can not take this I cannot look upon Ruby and Omega and Yang without feeling pain from the loss of my best friend. I am ashamed of that I had to leave them to a fate that no one has any say in.

I wish them the best as I put the coffin into the grave and run as far as my legs could take me.