Painful Betrayal

"Is Amy ok? She has been acting like a zombie for the past week." I overheard Joanne talking to my mom while I knock my head on the table.

"I'm not sure sweetie. Every time I try talking to her, she just answers me 'I'm alright'." Both of them looked at me while I curse myself in my mind. I really didn't know Xander had this affect on me. He is the first that didn't bully me when we first met. He is the first that took my body. He is the first that stole my heart.

I float around the house. From my bedroom to the bathroom to the living room and back, my mom had no control over me. I realized she didn't go to work for the past week, I should have paid more attention to her.

I sat down in our dining room and began a conversation with her.

"Mom, what happens if someone you love leaves your life?" Shit. I shouldn't have been so straight forward.

My mom sipped her coffee. Then gave me a confused look. "Well...you would feel devastated and a piece of trash. Why honey what happened?" She reached out and stroked my hair.

"Nothing. I was just asking. Father is really confusing. That's all." Good. Use father as back up.

"Aww sweetie." Mom got up and hugged me. "It will be all right. He is now here and the family can feel complete again." She kissed my forehead like any regular mom and got up to do the dishes. Joanne pulled my arm and we rushed to my room.

"Alright. Spill." Joanne threw me onto my own bed and crossed her arms against her chest.

"What are you talking about?"

She rolled her eyes. "You have something in your mind that's bothering you. I know because whenever you would get bullied, you would have the same reaction. I find it funny how you act like a zombie when you're in trouble but now it's annoying me because you were like this for days. Now tell me." She stood in front of me waiting for my response.

I went through my thoughts. I can't tell I have a fucking relationship. Wait no. I can't tell her I have a fuck buddy that's our childhood friend. How can I tell her such a thing. I would be disowned by the only friend I have. I started to bite my nails u conditionally.

Joanne grabbed my hand and put it down. "I know. Don't worry. I won't judge nor will I leave you. Now stop being a bitch and tell me." She squat down to reach my eye level.

I let out a long sigh, making Joanne flinch because I did it on her face. "I can't tell you much because I need some time."

"Don't worry. It's ok. Just tell me whatever you want." Joanne gave me a smile.

I look up to withhold my invisible tears. "Let's say there is a guy. I have a crush on him. But I haven't seen him for months. I feel empty and devastated. What should I do?" My voice went from deep to high pitched within those two sentences. Joanne let out a chuckle.

"That's it? That's all you're worrying about? Oh geez! Amy you're too much. Ok so I'm not going to ask you anything. I know you need time. But if you're missing that guy, why not just call him. You prob miss him because of the coma. Why not reach out to him?" Joanne sat next to me.

"What is he left because of me?" I whispered.

"Try to get him back if you really want him." Joanne wrapped her arm around my shoulders. "I'm glad you finally like someone. I thought you were lesbian all these years."

"Is that why you fucked me?" I admit. I was pretty direct. But it's true. Joanne laughed as a reaction to what I said.

"We both know I'm Bi. No harm in that right?" We both laughed as this was the first laugh I broke into ever since I woke up from my coma.