The Sweet Escape

"Where am I? What happened?" I sit up in my seat with a killer headache. I open my eyes to see I'm moving on the road. I'm in a car...

My eyes widened as I look to my left finding Xander as my driver.

"What the fuck happened? Why the fuck are you here?" It pained me to say that. I really wanted to say why are you here? I missed you like hell!

He didn't flinch not reacted to my words. His eyes were set into the road, his face is straight and his is completely expressionless. That either means he is not reacting to anything or he is fucking pissed. I bet on the second one.

I looked down and discovered that my dress is intact, my leggings are ripped and I'm covered with Xander's leather jacket. Ah the smell of lavender. I look to my left again and observe his body. He is built as ever with that sexy black shirt, black skinny jeans and ruffled hair. Oh he got a haircut and new glasses. His hair is now all to one side and the other side is shaved. His glasses are bolder than his previous one, so now his a complete package of fucking flaming sexiness.

I'm grateful these thoughts are only in my head. If he read them, I would be screwed. Then his voice popped into my mind. "We should never be in love with each other. No stings attached." I felt my lips frown as a reaction to those words.

We reached in front of his house instead of mine. I was a bit puzzled but I don't mind being in his house either. He quietly got out of his car and went to the other side and opened mine. I tried to get out but my whole body ached. He held my shoulders and aided me into his house. We sat in his living room in silence until one of us broke the ice.

"What ... happened?" The one breaking the ice was me, sadly.

He let out a sigh but didn't bother looking a me or show any sign of sympathy. "You were nearly eaten by your father." The darkness hugged his face but I was sure how he was feeling.

"What happened exactly?" I said clearly.

"Your father had a broken bottle in his hand and he was about to strike you. At the same time, he wanted to fuck you...". I'm surprised how calmly he said that.

"Where did you come from?"

He let out another sigh. I have a feeling he didn't want to answer that question. "I...I was following you. From the day we broke off to today, I followed you and kept track on what you were doing. Today I had some errands to do for my dad and then I saw you at the lobby. It was odd to me so I followed you after I completed my task. Turned out, I wasn't doing a good job." There he goes with his calm voice. I really wanted to jump onto him and hug him but that would be a bit out of line and my whole body ached.

"What happened after I knocked out?" I whispered because I am actually afraid of his answer.

"I called my father to aid yours as he wasn't in the right state of mind." Xander got up to take off his shirt. I noticed there is a large scar running down his back and an open wound on his shoulder.

"What happened!" I managed to get up from my seat but moaned like crazy due to the pain. Xander rushed over and helped me resettle. He kneeled down in front of me for assurance. I ran my fingers down his face, the feeling of sorrow overtook my soul. But rage took over when Xander flinched to my touch and gentle put my hand down.

"Your father is in the hospital because he over drank. He probably needed to flush his kidneys. He will be doing well. Let's just hope he doesn't remember what happens in his drunken state." He looked away, didn't bother making eye contact with me at all.

"What about mom?" I whispered.

"I told Joanne about whatever just happened and she called your mother stating you are sleeping over at her house." I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying because he didn't look up to me, not even one after we entered this house.