Heartfelt Pleasures

It's been a month since I have moved from a small town to a hit state. Florida felt nice, the warm weather, long drives, laid back attitude. It's just that I had so many instances where I thought I saw Xander here and at some points I actually went up to grab their shoulders, realizing it is not Xander. I never called him nor have I texted him. He constantly sent texts,
One month ago
Amy where the fuck are you?

Amy where did you go? Why did you fucking leave without telling me?

Yo bitch why don't you answer or at least read my texts?

Can't you tell me at least if you're safe or not?

Fucking Joanne doesn't tell me where you went. Did you even tell her? What a friend you are!

Seriously you're getting on my nerves you piece of shit! Where the fuck did you run off to?

Couldn't you at least leave a not for me like I did that morning?

Amy, please...say something.

Those texts were read without me unlocking my phone in that one month span. There were more texts he sent but I will let your imagination handle that. He can go overboard when he pissed. Maybe he was drunk too.

I never had the courage to text him back due what I have done. I was able to text Joanne because she is my everything. She keeps me updated with what goes on in our school, who fucked who, who she fucked and how much her family and she missed me. I sometimes sob when I read her texts. It feels empty without having the one friend you spent 99% of your life with away from you.

"Honey you will be late for your interview!" My mom was rushing around the kitchen because she had work but also she was trying to get me out the door. I applied for a job at Rebcolica yo earn some money during my stay here. We live in a hotel room for the most part and now we need money because whatever we had is almost gone.

"Alright mom. I'm ready!" I brushed down my outfit, a black dress with black shoes. I'm wearing contacts so my untied hair can go with my face and attire. Mom gave me a kiss on my forehead, just like how Xander did before I left him. I felt a small throb of pain in my chest when she did that.

"Go knock them dead!" She exclaimed as she was nearly out the door.

I gave my mom a hug before she left. I left the room 3 minutes after. Once I got to the lobby, the doorman greeted me kindly and opened the door. My mom and I would always have conversations with him whenever we come back to the hotel. We have been here for a month, he recognizes us more than anyone.

I skipped out the door when my phone went off. Right away I answered the call,
"Don't worry mom, I will ace the interview. I'm not a little kid anymore!" I let out a laugh.

"Bitch who you calling mom?"

It was Joanne."my bad. Geez you gotta say it that way?" I started to walk towards the direction of my interview. "So what's up?"

"Xander is dead."

I stopped in my tracks. For a second, I was not able to hear anything. Not her voice, not even my heartbeat. "Y-yo-Y-you-you're kidding right?" I let out an awkward laugh to cover up the tense atmosphere.

"No, I'm serious. Xander is dead. He got into an accident by your house and now he is on his deathbed at the hospital." There was a couple of minutes of silence before anyone was able to talk again.

"I will see you soon." I hung up the phone and ran back towards the hotel. My mind was racing with thoughts. How can he get into an accident? Why couldn't he text me anything? Why couldn't Joanne text me anything? How did he become so wreck-less? Why is this happening? What if it's one of father's plans?