two

michael clumsily stumbled into his house after school, earning stares from his parents who were both off of work today.

"hey michael, how was school?" his dad, daryl asked as he snacked on some crisps.

"it was alright, i guess." michael responded, walking over to where his parents were and kissed their cheeks before stealing some crisps from his dad, earning a playful glare.

"mum, i'm hungry." michael whines.

"you're hungry?" karen asked in concern, and michael nodded.

"hi hungry, i'm dad." daryl joke, earning judgmental looks from karen and michael at the overused joke.

michael's parents were very caring, kind and supporting, though they would occasionally make stupid jokes here and there. he loves them to death and won't ever trade them for anything in this world. he was just very happy and grateful to have such loving parents.

;

"yes?" michael held the phone to his ear and paused the tv series that he was currently watching on his laptop.

"mikey, let's go to the mall." luke said excitedly.

"like right now?" michael asked and closed his laptop.

"yeah. c'mon it'll be fun." luke said and michael could hear shuffling on the other end.

"hold on lukey, i need to ask my mum." michael said, hurriedly going downstairs to ask his mum.

"mum, can i go to the mall with luke?" michael asked his mum while she washes some dishes in the kitchen.

"sure michael, hand me my purse." karen said, wiping her hands on a kitchen towel before taking her purse cheek michael's hand and giving him $50.

"thanks mum, you're the best, i love you." michael kissed his mum's cheek and ran upstairs to his room.

"mum says i can go." michael said to the phone, looking through his closet for something to wear.

"perfect. i'll be there in 10." luke said before hanging up.

he briskly put on a cream-colored knitted crop top, a black skirt along with black combat boots.

michael looked into the mirror and for a second, he thought that he looked pretty but then grimaced at his own bare thighs and changed into a pair of black skinny jeans instead. he hated being insecure about everything.

he skipped downstairs -almost tripping- and hugged both his parents which both coo'd and complimented him on his outfit before heading out.

luke was already waiting for michael in front of michael's house, honking a couple of times until michael got in the passenger seat.

"ew, i hate this car." michael cringed at the rusted metallic smell.

the car was old, the spray paint was chipped making the car look cheap. even sometimes, luke had trouble starting the car's engine. luke rarely used the car though, his mum wanted to sell it anyways so luke thought he would give it a little ride to the mall as his last goodbye.