five

michael was in his bed, just cuddling into his sheets on a saturday afternoon, not bothering to move at all. he usually just invites luke over, but luke's on a date with ashton.

michael felt a little bit down, not because of lashton (that's what calum calls them) dating, he just wanted to know what he was to calum. was he his boyfriend? no, because calum hasn't even asked him out. were they just friends? they most likely were.

he scrolled through his phone gallery and smiled when seeing some pictures of him and calum. but mostly him and luke. he felt rather jealous of luke, though.

michael was just really bored and couldn't get back to sleep, so he wrapped himself in his blanket and went downstairs, flopping on the couch and turned the tv on, looking like a burrito of sadness.

"michael? are you okay?" his mother asked in concerned as she was sat on the smaller couch.

"m' just bored, mummy." michael said, changing the channel and finally settling with a cat show.

"you could invite luke over like you do always." karen suggested.

michael sighed, rolling towards his left so he was on his back and could face his mother.

"he's on a date, mum." michael spoke, a frown tugging on his lips.

"you don't seem too happy about that." karen added, causing michael to furrow his eyebrows.

"because i'm just gonna be lonely forever." michael sighed over- dramatically.

"maybe you'll get yourself a boyfriend if you go outside more often." karen jokingly suggested but michael just pouted.

"so you met dad at your house because he was your brother's friend and you're telling me to go outside?" michael scoffed.

"technically, he was--"

"hold on for a second." michael interrupted as his phone rang.

not bothering to look at the caller i.d, he just answered the phone with a quiet 'hello?'

"hey michael, i was wondering if you'd like to hang out today?" the maori boy nervously asked from the other line.

"i don't know calum, i'm having a lazy day today." michael said, but regretting his words instantly.

"but you can join me if you want." michael added quickly, regretting his words again because he didn't want calum to see him looking like shit.

"are you sure michael? i don't wanna interrupt you or anything." calum hesitated.

"no, of course not, i'm feeling pretty lonely anyways since luke isn't here. we can cuddle and stuff." michael responded and heard shuffling at the end.

"alright, i'll be there in ten, okay?" calum asked, and michael nodded even though calum couldn't even see him.

"okay, i'll see you soon cally." michael said.

"likewise, kitten." calum said and the line went dead.

"calum's coming over in ten, if i'm not done showering by then, just tell him to go up to my room." michael rushed to the stairs.

"okay but who's calum?" karen questioned.

"he's just a friend, mum."

;

michael rushed out of the bathroom, his pink bath wrobe wrapped around his body and he squealed in surprised when seeing calum sitting on his bed.

"did i scare you, babe?" calum chuckled and beamed when looking at michael.

"a little bit." michael said and digged inside his closet, finding something comfy to wear.

"can you turn around for a minute, please?" the shorter boy asked. calum was confused for a second but caught on and obliged as michael put on his clothes.

calum was a gentleman, in michael's opinion. he feels like calum treats him like a princess because he respects michael and doesn't force him into doing anything. he feels like calum is too good for him, though calum could get really mean and rude quite often, but never to him.

michael sits on his bed and notices calum looking at a bottle of the half empty black nail polish that he owned. michael shifted next to calum.

"how long will this nail polish last?" calum asked, looking over to michael.

"um, it usually stays on for a week. why?"

"i don't know, i've always seen my sister and my mum wear it." calum explains, placing the small bottle back on michael's night stand.

"you can wear it if you want." michael offered, grabbing the bottle. and michael swore he saw calum's eyes lit up.

"really?" calum grinned but soon frowned slightly.

"but i don't know how to put it on." calum sheepishly said.

"don't worry, i'll put it on for you. i'm an expert." michael said, bouncing slightly on his bed.

michael pulled a drawer which had various colors of nail polishes. he grabbed some q-tip, a nail polish remover and a transparent-looking nail polish, setting them on his nightstand.

michael took calums hand after unscrewing the bottle, applying the black liquid on one of calum's nails perfectly and moved on to his other finger.

calum watched michael with fond and kissed his head in adoration. michael's cheeks turned into a pinkish tint as he grinned slightly.

after a few minutes, michael was done with calum's left hand after putting on the transparent top coat and moved on with his right hand.

"it looks really pretty, michael." calum complimented, very satisfied with his left hand.

"thanks cally." michael giggled, swiping the q-tip which had some nail polish remover to the smudged place.

"so, tell me something i don't know about you." calum urged and blew on his painted nails for them to dry quicker.

"well, for starters, i'm gay."

"well duh, i already know that. i'm bisexual, by the way." calum spoke proudly.

"i think you already know much about me anyways, calum."

"not all." calum said, watching as michael apply the top coat for his fingers.

"what'd you like to know about me then?" michael questioned, smiling when he's done with calum's nails.

"wow, my nails looks great. thanks babe." calum said in awe, absolutely loving his nails and pressed a kiss to michael's nose. michael replied with a shy 'you're welcome', before urging calum to continue.

"oh right, i'd like to know your favorite pizza topping." calum said, moving his gaze from his fingers to michael.

"i like hawaiian pizza the most." michael answered.

"really? i like hawaiian too. maybe next time we could order pizza, yeah?"

the afternoon continued with more questions, calum whining about how long it takes for his nail polish to dry and a cuddling session.

michael never felt lonely when he's with calum. and neither did calum.

---
IDK WHY BUT I LOVE IT WHEN CALUM PAINTS HIS NAILS IRL. HE LITERALLY NAILS GENDER ROLL. puns hA

sorry if this chapter is lame af, ive been told that this story is getting boring af by someone but thanks anyways for telling me.

if my story is starting to continuously get lame af, im probs gonna delete this book.

love yall :-)