seventeen

family dinners were the most awkward thing to calum. he absolutely hated the tension between his family when they had a family dinner, which was rare as calum's parents were almost always busy everyday.

calum awkwardly chewed on his mum's homemade spaghetti, shifting uncomfortably in his chair as his mum's gaze moved to him.

"what's that on your neck?" joy quirked an eyebrow and calum's hand immediately flew to the side of his neck with red cheeks.

"uh-- um-- it's nothing." calum blushed, his finger grazed over the hickey that michael gave him.

"it's michael, is it?" his dad, david butted in with a smirk and calum blushed harder.

"i um-- no-- okay, yes." calum sighed in defeat, stuffing more spaghetti in his mouth.

"haven't heard of him in a while," joy smiled, "maybe we should invite him and his family for dinner-- or just him."

a smile slowly tugged on calum's lips when he realized his parents weren't joking.

"really?" calum beamed, and his parents nodded with a small.

though calum's parents don't spend enough time with calum sometimes, they'd still would try to make time for calum if they could. they weren't mean, they just don't have enough time sometimes.

;

the next day, calum almost shrieked in excitement when a loud 'ding dong' was heard throughout the hood' household, he spared a last glance at his mirror, fixing his hair a bit before rushing downstairs to get the door but pouted when mali got the door first and greeted the cliffords'.

michael was pulled in a short hug by mali and smiled at the gesture. michael has never seen mali ever before. maybe he has in a few photos hanged around the hood' household but never met her. calum told him a little bit about her, like how mali was in university and that she's very playful but that's all calum told him.

michael politely greeted calum's parents, before he was faced with his boyfriend that he loved very much. michael grinned at calum, standing on his tippy toes and kissed calum softly before pulling away.

"you look so so so beautiful, baby boy." calum whispered, leading his boyfriend to the leather couch. calum looked fondly at michael as he was dressed in a cute white romper with small black patterns outlining it.

michael blushed, muttering a thank you before burying his face in calum's chest. the couple pulled away when they felt a dip on the couch.

"mali." calum whined, furrowing his eyebrows, "you ruined the moment!"

"well it ain't my fault that i wanted to get to know your boyfriend better." mali sassed and michael giggled quietly as calum rolled his eyes.

"michael, i heard alot about you. calum talks non-stop when we skype." mali smiled and michael blushed, squeezing calum's hand.

"oh, and mum said dinner will be ready in fifteen minutes." mali added but calum was still glaring daggers at her for some reason.

"what're we having?" calum asked.

"steak." mali answered and calum's eyes lit up before resting his chin on michael's shoulder as michael was sitting on his lap.

soon, mali and michael got engaged in a conversation and calum just slid his hand beneath the sleeveless shirt that was tucked in the matching shorts and rubbed his hand on michael's warm skin.

"calum, that tickles." michael whispered and calum smirked.

calum raised an eyebrow, "you're ticklish?"