twenty six

michael listened as luke was ranting on about something that happened at school when they entered the brightly colored diner. the two situated themselves at a booth, luke sitting across of michael and of course, calum and ashton were invited, both of them just weren't there yet. it took alot of begging to let the two come along and eventually, luke agreed.

calum and michael had planned to tell the other two about their relationship because after a month of hiding their relationship, they hated it. they wanted to be coupley and show their love to each other anywhere like the other couples, instead of just hiding it.

a pair of hands landed on their table with a loud thump, making the two jump up in surprise. luke muttered a 'fuck!' and glared at ashton, who he broke out into fits of giggles. calum shook his head at his best friend and slid next to michael, intertwining his fingers with michael's under the table, watching the two bicker across of them.

"hey baby girl." calum whispered, quickly pecking michael's lips when ashton and luke weren't looking.

michael blushed, squeezing calum's hand before caressing his lover's new 'alive' tattoo on his wrist. it was absolutely michael's favorite tattoo on calum as the story behind it was their love story. michael felt beautiful whenever he's with calum and calum felt alive whenever he's with michael. in return to calum's tattoo, michael got 'to the moon' inked on his inner arm. most people would expect calum getting 'and the back', but michael insisted if he didn't because when you've been so far with the person you love, who would go back?

"hi." michael squeaked out, his eyes meeting calum's pretty cinnamon eyes that michael fell in love with but quickly scooted away when spotting a waitress walk their way.

"hello, welcome to good eats diner. what can i get you?" the waitress chirped, a friendly grin on her face as she held a notepad.

"i'll have a ny strip steak and chocolate milkshake." calum spoke, turning to his boyfriend. "what about you?"

"i--um, stuffed crust deluxe and a strawberry milkshake with extra whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles. do not forget the rainbow sprinkles." michael said with a sweet smile and luke chuckled at his best friend before ordering.

"should we tell them?" calum whispered in michael's ear as the waitress left.

michael glanced at the two and shrugged, squeezing calum's hand. "i'm scared."

"don't be. we'll tell them together." calum responded, pecking michael's temple and quickly pulled away and blushed when was caught by luke and ashton.

ashton quirked an eyebrow, eyeing the two suspiciously. "is there something you want to tell us?"

"we uh-- we um-- uh--" michael stammered but was cut off by luke.

"spit it out." luke demanded, leaning forward so his chest was against the table as he eyed the two.

"we're um-- we're together." calum spoke nervously, scooting next to michael and wrapped an arm around his tiny waist.

luke scoffed and nudged ashton. "it's about time they told us."

michael knitted his eyebrows in confusion, tilting his head to the side like the little kitten he is. "what?" calum asked, also in confusion.

"we knew about your relationship. took you a month to tell us." luke tsked, rolling his eyes.

"what? how?" michael squeaked out. they thought that they kept their relationship well hidden but apparently not.