twenty one

((a/n; TWENTY ONE PILOTS))

michael nervously picked on his nails as his math teacher gave out everyone's recent test result and michael prayed that he at least got a B. soon enough, mr salls placed a paper it in front of michael, a large red D drawing attention to itself.

michael frowned, not wanting to do anything else but bury himself alive. it was the worst feeling ever, really. he studied so hard for nothing. michael cursed to himself for being so fucking dumb and waited for the class to end.

fortunately, the bell rang shortly after and michael bowed his head down as he gathered his stuff and left the classroom quickly. he rushed to his locker but tripped and fell over someone's outstretched leg, his books dropping everywhere. laughter filled the entire hall making michael want to curl up in a ball and cry then and there. could this day be anymore worse?

"aw, is wittle mikey alright?" alice mocked as she was the one who outstretched her leg, "why don't you ask your pathetic boyfriend to help you?"

michael let out a shaky breath, collecting his books before getting on his feet and the same level as alice, "he's not pathetic."

"that's probably the reason why he dumped your ugly transgender ass." alice smirked, her long nails digging into michael's arm, probably leaving a mark. michael winced, attempting to back away but her grip was too strong.

before michael could even do anything, a familiar honey curls ripped her hand off of michael before slapping her harshly and pushing her onto the locker with a loud thump.

"don't even fucking dare lay another fucking finger on him or you're dead." ashton barked, making alice flinch and ashton pulled michael away from her before a teacher could make him go to detention.

"mikey, are you okay? are you hurt?" ashton asked worriedly as they reached the school field.

michael whimpered, rolling up his sleeve as pain shot through his arm, only to reveal some blood in the place alice dug her nails on.

"shit, that's alot of blood." ashton panicked, taking off his shirt, revealing his toned chest and wrapping his shirt gently on the wound.

"ash-- i-- but you don't have a shirt to wear." michael murmured, wincing when ashton accidentally squeezed to tight, making him mumble out an apology.

"it's alright, i have a spare one in the locker room." ashton casually said before taking his phone out of his pocket and tapping the screen briefly before bringing it to his ear.

"mate, could you come-- he's here with me actually. a what?-- an affair? of course not." ashton paused looking at michael, "it's a long story, but can you get my shirt in the locker room-- yeah the ugly purple one. alright, meet me at the field. and hurry."

ashton hung up, and pocketed his phone into his back pocket before awkwardly playing with the grass, "so, how's luke?"

"luke? honestly, he's a wreck." michael answered truthfully and ashton smiled sadly.

"i regret it, y'know." ashton frowned, "i was just having a bad day and it slipped out. i never wanted to hurt him in the first place."

michael sighed, rubbing ashton's bare back comfortingly, "i'm sure he'll forgive you if you apologize. he misses you loads, by the way."

"i miss him too." ashton murmured, rubbing his eyes. and right on cue, calum ran towards them, shoving ashton gently so he could sit next to michael.

calum tossed ashton his purple shirt before furrowing his eyebrows at ashton's shirt wrapped on michael's arm. he slowly unwrapped ashton's shirt from michael's hand and was shoked when seeing nail prints on his arm.