three

michael was sat on his desk for his last period, which was history. he picked at his nails and frowned when his nail polish chipped off.

so far, nothing interesting happened to him today. he got hit by a paper airplane at lunch and luke laughed at him, but that was it.

"michael?" he heard a familiar voice ask which made michael let out a squeak of surprise.

michael looked over and saw ashton sitting next to him. the class didn't have assigned seat so everyone just sat anywhere. but no one ever sits next to michael in history, though.

"hi ashton." michael greeted with a small smile on his face.

"i didn't know that we were in the same class." ashton said, shooting michael a dimply smile.

"yeah? well maybe it's because you never bother to look at your surroundings." michael said, looking over to ashton.

"jesus christ, i never thought someone could be as salty as calum." ashton joked and michael blushed when calum was mentioned.

"y'know calum talks non-stop about you like everyday. he always says that you have beautiful eyes and that poetic shit--," ashton paused, "i wasn't supposed to tell you was i?"

michael just giggled and shook his head but blushed when realizing calum talked about him everyday.

"don't tell calum i told you that, he'll kill me." ashton pleaded with doe eyes.

"you're pretty cute, i get why luke likes you now." michael giggled.

"luke as in luke hemmings?" ashton's eyes widened and a big smile showed up on his face.

"are you serious? you're kidding right?" ashton asked in disbelief.

michael just giggled and patted ashton's shoulder just as the teacher came in.

ashton kept whispering and pleading to michael the whole period, wanting conformation. but michael being the savage guy he is, didn't respond to ashton and made him wait until the end of the period.

;

"michael, will you tell me now?" ashton begged, following behind him as the class ended.

"why don't you go ask him yourself." michael said and ashton groaned, a little bit annoyed with michael.

"why can't you just-"

"there he is!" michael interrupted before pushing ashton towards luke.

ashton stumbled towards luke and accidentally crashed into luke causing ashton to apologize many times but luke just watched him with a fond smile.

michael wished that he could have someone that could look at him like that with the same fondness. shaking his thoughts off, he walked towards his locker to put away his books.

he felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around, a bit surprised when he was faced with a tanned maori boy.

"hey kitten." calum grinned, taking michael by surprise again and pulling him into a hug.

"hi cal." the pale boy responded, burying his face in calum's chest to hide the blush that was showing on his cheeks that had showed up because of the pet name.

they were both receiving judgmental stares for some reason but neither of them cared at the moment.

"are you coming to the football match tomorrow?" calum asked as they pull away from the hug.

michael seemed confused for awhile but then he recalled luke mentioning it.

"i mean you don't have to if you don't want to. i'm not forcing you or anything." calum nervously said and fiddled with zipper of his varsity jacket .

"of course, i will." the shorter boy said sweetly.

"you will?" calum beamed, and michael nodded with a quiet 'yeah'.

michael looked over to where luke and ashton was and felt little bit jealous when ashton held luke's hands in his and looked at luke like he was the only person in this world. michael never noticed how calum looks at him, though.

"they would make a cute couple." michael commented, making calum snap out of his daze and look at the two.

"i don't know, i think we'd be cuter." calum said cheekily making michael's cheeks to turn a deep shade of red for the thousandth time today.

"do you have a ride home?" calum asked as it was raining cats and dogs outside, which michael just noticed.

"no i don't, i usually just walk home." michael said, tensed because how the fuck is he supposed to go home now?

"i can give you a ride home if you want." calum offered, not wanting michael drenched in rain.

"are you sure? i don't want to cause you trouble." michael said, fixing his sweater.

"you won't, i promise. c'mon." calum said, outstretching his arm so michael could take it.

which was what exactly michael did. he took calum's hand in his, intertwining them and calum doesn't seem to mind. instead, he just pulled michael close.

"bye luke! bye ashton!" michael waved at them with his free hand and calum just chuckled at his cuteness.

they both walked through the crowded hallway, earning weird looks from most people. not that they care anyways.

calum guided michael to his car quickly, as it was raining because didn't want michael to be sick.

calum, being a gentleman he is, opened the door to other side of the car for michael to which michael thanked him. he flopped down on the passenger seat and buckled his seatbelt; calum doing the same.

michael told calum his address, staring ahead. they both shared a long comfortable silence until they arrived michael's house.

"thanks calum, you're so nice." michael spoke, unbuckling his seatbelt before leaning towards calum and kissed his cheek softly.

"a-anytime." calum stuttered, smoothing his fingers over the place where michael's lips were. holy shit michael just kissed my cheek, fuck.

calum watched as michael exited his car, walking towards his front door, unlocking it and waved to calum for the last time before shutting his front door.

calum drove off and his heart was beating so fast, he thought he was gonna die. but holy shit, he's so whipped for michael.

------
this was v boring, i apologize. this was sorta just a filler bc i dont want michael's and calum's relationship going too fast. i dont want if to be like 0-100 real quick.

but yeah thanks for reading so far.

((have a cookie yall ily))