Evergreen VII

Warning: the following chapter contains sexual assault. Viewer discretion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blue cloudy sky slowly began to change to a dark puce colour much like my bruise, the sun lowered itself behind the three mountains, and steam puffed out of my mouth.

It's the end of the day, I sigh and realize just how quickly today went. I'm glad it's over. So much shit happened, and now Elfman is lying down on a couch with half his chest ripped open and immobilized by Gnash's potions. Me and Gnash were leaving to get some things from our accommodations to spend the night in the big house. I hope he gets better soon, just like him to get a wound like that a walk around without a shirt. I have taken his coat off him in the Big House as we left and now I pulled the big thing on me. It was by all means far too large, but it is comfy and warm. He shouldn't mind really, hell he practically wrapped me in the thing back at the cliffs. But he....I remember him looking at me as I staunch his wounds. I felt his eyes on me as I leaned over him and pressed that rag against his broad chest and as I stitched his wounds. When I looked back at them, they weren't hard and cold like dark ice when he is angry, much like they were at the cliff face when he interrogated me about my blackened mouth. They were soft, clear and bright blue full of warmth even after I poured the boiling wine on his chest (albeit a little hazy with pain) Even the way he looked at me left me ponderous and queer feeling. Every man I encounter, (not including the Raijinshuu) always looked at the most prominent parts of me. Particularly my breasts.

And yet he was observing my face with undivided attention and it was so...so satisfying. Satisfying that he watched me intently like he did, and sure I felt his gaze drop below my neckline once...But I wasn't uncomfortable or unhappy with the act, in fact it made me feel attractive and pretty. I wonder how he feels about...us? Is he thinking about that now? I mean I've never felt so happy or so satisfied any man taking my hand like he does. It's not a courtesy or even a rash attempt to flirt with me, he genuinely wanted to comfort me and ask the truth from me. And then when I leaned on his arm, I was half hoping that he would hold me properly and securely. Is it alright for me to feel this? I mean sure he looked at me like he did and he gave me comfort, but would he want me to feel this way for him? I mean come on, I'm the one who dumps all of my emotional crap on him. I mean after hearing all my shit about me and the Raijin as well as my social insecurities, he is sure to not want to deal with me like...like that. He's been so tolerant and I'm so grateful for his ear, but I doubt he wants to hear my problems with the Raijinshuu and my social life anymore. Despite the promises we made in Gnash's hut. But my ears are all his if he ever needs someone to talk to. Disappointment dumped my shoulders and I puff morosely, I really enjoyed having someone to talk too. He might tell me that he wants to hear what I want to say, but...

"I've seen you cry before..."

"Hhhh" I sigh and grind the tips of my into my forehead.

"What are you thinking about?" The raspy voice next to me whispered.

I smirk and look up at the pale face and dark eyes above me. "Too much".

"By too much do you mean Elfman's size?"

"What?!" My face burned. "Look-just, just no!" I yell and turned my burning head back to the snow. "What do you want to talk about anyway?" I rush to change the conversation.

"Your tattoos for one" Gnash muttered and stopped by a butchery with huge red elk carcasses prepped and cleaned on the hooks, ready for tomorrow mornings customers.
"Getting these tattoos will be very painful" she peered closer at the meat and I noticed the butcher and his kin back away from the counter. "I recommend not eating any foods tonight or tomorrow for breakfast".