Elfman X

It is like I am thrown in a deep pool of water and I can't fight my way to the surface. This is the history of my...my kind? I have a kind? A race?!
Before I walked into this fucking room, there were only three races I knew of. Asian, Negro and Caucasian. I seemed to be a mixture of all three and yet it turns out that I am none of them but something else. Something with only ten members left in the world and I am one of them. Are there even ten? This carving is super old...There could be less than that now. Am I even one of them?
There were once thousands of us beast souls...
Beast souls, that is what I am. At first I thought I was just an average manly man, with something a little bit extra. Hell, with Natsu and Gajeel being dragon slayers, you would think they have a little bit of a dragon in them. But no. I am a completely new race that is dead. They said ten of us existed in this world, now it is more like two. Me and Gnash, there might have been my parents if they weren't dead. I remember talking about this with Ever in the library. We joked about it, Ever even said she was my soul mate. I'd never even thought about me being different, it was just something else to deal with that I couldn't be fucked doing. But now knowing I am the last of a race...
And Evergreen. That look she gave me after finishing the passage, it was like I am something that leaped out at her. How can she look at me like that? I mean she feels the same as me...Well she didn't say it she merely agreed with me. Does that mean she feels the same?

She kissed me...
Yeah, and she kissed the guy with the dark green hair under a roof in the rain when she was fourteen. He was the first, but were there more after him? Am I the second guy to succeed the first? Will I be the last? After that look she gave me I just wanted to crawl into a sarcophagus and die with my ancestors. I don't think...Part of me hoped she would still agree with my feelings and continue her affections. But a huge whopping chunk of me is know doubting every look we shared, every time we held each other in bed, every time we hugged, held hands. And the one time we kissed....

I glare at the sarcophagus next to me and my hand scrunches up into a ball. It just isn't fair! The one time something was getting good, the one time a woman kissed me and seemed to enjoy it. The one time I felt a bond with a person that I haven't felt before, the one time I felt my self begin to fall in love...And I feel as if that is crumbling into a pile of shit to rot in this tomb because of that one look she gave me. I feel like I am falling in love, I'm not really sure what this feels like but is this it? Is it just some infatuation? It could be. She is my first thought every morning and my last every night. I wake up some mornings before her and just study her in my arms and I think.
Is this it? Should I be feeling this? Am I feeling these things all too quickly? Am I pinning my hopes on Ever all too fast?

That one look he gave me...It truly isn't fair.
I felt almost like I was about to sink into the ground with the amount of disappointment that suddenly settled on my shoulders. When...

"Hey Elfman. I'm sorry that I-"

My head snapped up to look at her, hoping and reluctant to hear what she has to say.

CRICK CRACK.

I freeze in place. Oh shit...

The hair on the back of my head stood on end and I turn slowly towards the opening far behind us. Hissing filled the tomb and countless green fires burned in the dark opening, eyeing us with ravenous hunger and malice. I back up slowly and dust whirled around me in little clouds, I slowly hunker down behind a sarcophagus and gesture to the ground next to me. Ever slowly sunk to the ground and shuffled over to me. My ears strained against the silence and I barely heard the hiss of the dead as their bones clattered against the ground. They were moving into the tomb.

I turn to Ever and her eyes are wide with fright and staring at the opening like a tiger eyeing her prey. I gingerly touch her shoulder and held my finger to my lips.