Chapter 1~Introduction

Chapter 1

Introduction

Ever since we've known each other, Ezra and I have been inseparable, we're basically conjoined to the hip. He's always been my best friend and would always have my back when the bully's would pick on me by how I look, it was so sweet and bold of him to do something like that, especially with him being super popular. But, me, I'm basically the complete opposite of of him. Not only physically, but mentally as well. He would always want to play on his latest gaming system, while I would prefer to read the latest teen romance novel. I'm not complaining about our friendship, but I sometimes wonder how we're still friends.

   But that doesn't matter now, today's my 17th birthday and I wasn't too surprised to see a smirking Ezra by his new Red Ferrari from Italy he got last month for his 18th birthday. His black v neck tee hugged his broad shoulders and toned chest, his black jeans hung low on his waist but somehow had a belt on them, and some low black converse. His gives me a charming lopsided smile that shows off his straight white teeth, while his eyes are an ocean blue and twinkled with happiness when he stretched his arms out.

   I smile and run into his hug, feeling his strong arms wrap around my waist. A surprised squeal escapes my lips when I feel myself being lifted off the ground and spun around. "Ezra, put me down," I growl out, I hate when he picks me up when he knows I think I weigh a ton. But he's strong so it's effortless for him.

   He chuckles, putting me down. When he does, I push him off of me and hit his chest, kind of hurting my hand in the process. That was dumb to hit a boxer in the chest like that. He smirks when he sees me cradle my hand before wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me closer to him so our hips are touching, making me look up at him and scowl.

   Before 9th grade, I was always taller than Ezra, until I stopped growing at 5'7, then he was officially taller than me at 6'4 in his Sophomore Year, my Freshman Year.

   "You know I don't like when you pick me up, I'm fat." I pout, looking down as I cross my arms over my amble chest, avoiding his eyes. He turns me around to fully look at him, with his hands holding my shoulders with his face in a frown.

   "Look, Frankie, you're not fat, okay," He says, his blue eyes turning grey, meaning he was getting annoyed. His eyes would change from blue to grey, blue meaning a good mood, grey when he's in a bad mood. "The correct term is thick."

   "Okay," I say, not even attempting to argue with him at the moment because he will drill the correct term into my head. He smiles as his eyes turn a light blue now, he kissed my forehead, making my stomach turn a bit at the gesture.

    "Okay, I got you something." He went around and opened his car, pulling out a cardboard box with holes poked at the top. "Okay remember how you always hated chocolate? But you would always loved two kinds of chocolate, white chocolate and Chocolate Labradors..." He smiled before opening the box, revealing the cutest little dark brown puppy I've ever seen. I gasp, and drop my hands in the box, scooping the little whining pup in my arms.

   He licked my face as he whined, making me giggle. He yelped, snuggling into my arms as I felt my lips stretch into a huge smile. His icy blue eyes looked at he and he tried climbing up my shoulder, making me giggle some more. "I love him, Ez," I look up at Ezra to catch him looking at me and my new puppy with a small smile on his face. His smile widens when I whisper shakily, "thank you so much." I wrap one arm around him, while my other held the pup, he wraps his arms around me softly. I nuzzle my face into his chest, basking in his warm body. He chuckles a bit, rubbing my back smoothly.