Chapter 9~ Surprises

Ezra decided to take him and I somewhere in the middle of nowhere, since he thought its been a while since we had a time to ourselves. Also known as 'Frank n Ez Time.' So, my fist was under my chin as I looked out the open window of my best friends car. He never told me where we were going and I was getting pretty anxious because, like I said before we are in the middle of nowhere.

"If you're going to kill me, I give you props on where to hide my body," I joke.

"Oh, I'm not going to kill you, Frankie." He chuckled. "Not today at least," he muttered, I gasped with wide eyes at him. He held in a laugh when I smacked his arm.

"Not funny, Ez." I mumble, but couldn't help the smile that spread on my face. "But can you please tell me where we're going."

"Don't worry, babe. We're almost there." I glare at the side of his smug face, until he looks at me from the road. His face drops and his expression turns to confusion. "What is it?"

"Don't call me 'babe.' It sounds weird," I say, only for him to hold a blank expression before he smirks.

"What's so wrong with babe, babe?" He teased.

"What's wrong is that only people only call one another 'babe' if they're in a relationship, and we aren't in one. We're best friends." I explain to him. "And if you call me babe then that means we are more than best friends and I don't think we should be more than that- well, maybe, no! I just don't want you calling me babe....I got a boyfriend." By the time I was done, my face was on fire and the words came tumbling out before I even thought about it.

The car jerked forward a bit and I looked at him to see his eyes narrowed at the road.

"You do?" He asked passively, after the car resumed on the road.

I sighed."No," I answered flatly with disdain. "No, it just came out." I hear a snicker, and I catch him with a smirk on his smug face. "Not funny."

"Yeah it is, you started rambling about things because I said babe to you," he mused. "We're here."

Looking out the window, I spot an old haunted amusement park that Ezra, his sisters, and I used to go to when we were kids, maybe around 9 or 10. It closed after the place got unpopular because of another newer, bigger amusement park opened up. When it closed, in my 9th grade year, we would come here almost every weekend and play around with the rides, despite them not working.

"Ezra..." I breathed out in awe, looking at the old park when we stopped in front of the gates, which were still chained up, but we were able to slip through the small opening or jump over it. "I haven't been here since last year." I smile, looking at him as he examines the park with intense blue eyes.

"Yeah," he sighs, then looks at me and grabs my hand in his, "Let's go."

We ended up squeezing through the gates, with me having lots of trouble since I gained a little of weight since 9th grade. It's not my fault...stress does that to you...and puberty.

Anyway, we were walking around in the amusement park that looked haunted as ever with the rusted metal and old games closed up. When we were there, we rode the rides that actually looked safe and explored the little boat rides that we used to go on, which looked pretty creepy without the lights and the life sized dolls. The ride was called Barbies World.

After we were done, we headed to his house and on our way I pointed to the gas station at the red light. "Ezra, I want some snacks please!"

"Go ahead, I'll get a red box." He said, giving me a twenty dollar bill. "Hey me my favorite snack."

"Will do," I muttered after jumping out the car. I sauntered to the small gas station and opened the door, letting the bell chime. I'm met with a short man and behind the counter and skinny a man getting a beer. The thing that literally made my skin crawl was the man's eyes looking at me intensely.

"Okay," I whispered as I continued my search for some barbecue chips and Sprite for me, and vinegar chips, chocolate ice cream and cherry coke. Ever since I've known my best friend, he's always ate stuff with weird combinations. Like bananas with Sprite, I would always throw up if I ate those but he always had a strong stomach.

When I was done, I went up the counter to see the man and the scary man talking amongst one another.

"Well aren't you about the prettiest black bitch I've ever seen," the man said, his voice raspy and smelt of alcohol. The reason I smelt it is because he appeared beside me, leaning on the counter. I only ignored him and handed the man my twenty dollar bill, who looked like he seen this on a regular.

"Oh, you can't talk now," I then feel a hand grasp my butt, hard, making me scream and try to move away from him, but his other hand gripped my wrist tightly. "I'll make your pretty ass talk."

"Man, don't make me call--"

"Shut the hell up!" The man yells, pulling out a knife and bringing it to my throat. "I swear I'll slice her pretty throat if you even touch that damn phone."

I give the man a pleading look, as the guy with the knife drags me out the gas station. I look around and spot Ezra's large frame leaning on the red box looking through movies.

"Ezr--" he clams a hand over my mouth, but Ez snaps his gaze to me and his eyes go from calm to livid in a matter of seconds. His eyes lighten to more of a pale grey color as his anger boils up, like when he fights. His fists clench as he walks over to the man and the man is whispering things in my ear, but I'm too focused on Ezra behind him.

Pressing his finger to his lips, he mouths Calm Down. My breaths steady as the man's hand is still on my mouth when Ezra pulls out a pistol from the back of his pocket. He clocks it with a hard glare at the back of the man's head.

"Let her go," Ezra's voice was dangerously deep which sent shivers down my spine. The knife on my throat started to tremble and loosen as the man's hold was off me in fives seconds. Pushing the man off, I run to Ezra, who wraps an arm around my waist tightly to his body. He moves me so my face is in his chest, hearing his heart beating fast. "You messed with the wrong mans girl, dude."

Bam!

"Ezra!!" I screamed, just as I heard another male scream coming from the man who attempted to kidnap me.  Looking back, I see Ezra shot him in the kneecap and by the amount of blood gusting out the wound, he shot an artery.

"Come on, Frankie." He said leading me to the car and slamming the door when we're both inside. He speeds out the gas station with a hard grip on the wheel and my heart is beating so fast, I'm surprised I could even scream at him.

"EZRA WILL YOU SLOW THE FUCK DOWN!!" He steps on the breaks, jerking the car to a halt. He then parks at the side of the road and then jerks me out the seat and into his lap. He wraps his arms right around me and pulls my chest to his face so his head is basically laying on top of my breasts.

"Ezra, tell me what that--" I was cut off when, in a swift motion, he grabbed the back of my neck and lifted his head up. I didn't have time to process what he was doing until his lips were on my own in a heart melting, toe curling, mind blowing kiss.

His lips were so soft and plump against mine and when his tongue urged me to deepen the kiss, I opened my mouth slowly and we both let out hoarse moans when his skilled tongue was dancing with mine. His mouth tastes of mint gum and I found myself completely melting into him when his hands started to message my hair. I then moved my hands to tangle in his tousled raven hair, then he slowly stopped kissing me, leaving us both breathless.

"I was so scared I'd lose you," he whispers on my lips, and I look at him to see the fire lit up in his scorching blue eyes. I was stunned and all I was looking at was his swollen pink lips that he licked. He gave my jaw one last kiss before he moved me so I was sitting back in the passenger seat. I touched my lips with furrowed brows because they were still tingling.

The ride was silent until Ezra's phone lit up, and it read a person that made my soaring heart run cold.

It was Flora Greene, his girlfriend.