Chapter 5~ (No) New Friends

Chapter 5

A couple weeks later, I'm still not on good terms with my best friend. But, good news is that I officially made an awesome friend named Jacobi, or Jacob, or Jake as a nickname. He had his cute moments. Like the way his thin glasses would fog up when I say something that embarrasses him or even how he'd smile so widely that deep dimples would form on his cheeks.

He is adorable.

"Who do you think would win? Batman or Superman?" He asks as we sit by each other under a tree, my head in his shoulder.

"Neither, because Superman is just hot without his powers, while Batman is just fit and charming without his money." I say, his body shakes as he chuckles at my nonsense response, causing me to join him since his laugh is so contagious.

"So, are you coming to my game this afternoon?" He asks as I feel him lay his cheek on top of my head, which is in two cornrow braids.

"Oh, I'm sorry, can't I have to study." I lie through my teeth, secretly planning on holding up a poster for his game. I can imagine the huge smile on his face already.

"Oh," he says, disappointment in his voice, making me feel a bit bad for lying to him.

"But I promise to call you after so you can tell me how it went, okay," I ask, playing with his fingers in my lap. Maybe he likes me? Or maybe we're just super chill. We were like really laid back, chill people who kind of look high all the time. You've seen those people...

"Okay," he sounds so sad and it makes me frown a bit, but I can't wait to be there to support him.

Later that day, I had on a shirt with our school crest, which was blue and white, some faded blue jeans and black converse on as I gave a guy my ticket, before he let me in saying, "It's good you came early, front row seats are still open," with a small smile.

"Thanks." I said as he gave me a coupon that he tore off the ticket. Walking into the gym, I spotted Jacob's head full of curls and his uniform as he warmed up with the other team. His glasses were off, making him look 10x hotter but he was still cute with them on. I'm just going to let him look at me, his reaction would be priceless. He was talking to some of the guys on the team, but he wasn't his usual humble and and carefree looking self.

*****

It's halftime now, and we are definitely losing to the guest. I think it was time to acknowledge my presence so I take out my phone and text him.

How's the game, J?

I look up as he checks his phone with a sigh, I cheese and take out my sign that said in big letters:

GO JACOBI!!!

It's okay, hows studying? He texts back, making me laugh.

Not much, especially with the amount of noise coming from the crowd...

I almost die from laughing when I see his brows furrow as his thumbs are typing quickly on his phone.

Frank, wtf are you talking about? Are you here?

Holding up the poster, I text him Look up, idiot.

Looking up with furrowed brows, his eyes finally land on my smiling face and his eyes widen, before an adorable smile stretches across his face. He gets up from the bench, then jogs over to me before snatching the poster from my hands and wrapping his arms around my waist. I smile as I wrap my arms around his neck, while he buries his head in my neck, chuckling.