NOW

Today was the day we would have time together with each of our parents. What a lovely thing to do.

I look outside the window of Susanne's silver Volvo. The sky is perfectly blue and the trees are green and swaying with the wind. Birds are flying across the sky.

"Where'd you wanna go?" Is Susanne's question when I turn to look at her.

"Um, can we go to Panera's?" I ask.

"Yeah sure."

We pull into Panera Bread, I look around and have flash backs. Bad ones.

My head hitting the ground, my mother's dead body, my dad's throat slit, and the door to the house wide open.

I feel like I'm about to faint, so I grab the railing.

"Is everything alright?"

"Yeah," I mutter.

We walk in and ask for what I would always get with mom. Chicken Noodle Soup. When my mom was sick or if we just wanted to have soup, we would always go here and devour the delicious food while talking about drama at school. It was the way my mom and I connected that I missed the most. The way she would actually listen to my problems and not ignore them. She would give me advice and support me no matter what. She cared about me, she didn't deserve to die.

Susanne guided me to a table in the back. She sat down and told me to come and sit down next to her. I did. We started talking about random things and about my mother when Susanne said, "Sorry for interrupting you, but we have to go to the police station tomorrow. They're just going to interrogate you with some questions, if that's okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine," I smile at her.

I go back to talking about school and I ask her when I am going back, or if I am even going back.

"Of course you will, in fact you will be going tomorrow," she said with a giggle.

No! This can't be. I DON'T want to meet new people.

We get back home, we start unpacking more boxes.

I go to sleep at like around 10. I wasn't really tired.

I woke up at 3:00 A.M. and walk downstairs to get a glass of water. I take out the water pitch from the fridge and pour it into a thin glass. I sit down on the sofa in the living room and think. I think about the last time I saw my Mom. How she used to hug me and sing me lullabies to bed. My Dad was horrible, he was sick and rude and nasty. Everything everyone hated in a Dad. He was the worst dad.

Love last forever. Thats what I believe. I believe that my mom still loves me and I will still love her. She is my angel, the one watching over me.

I want to catch this person that did this! Who would do this to such wonderful woman. My mom was a wonderful lady because she loved everyone and especially she forgave. She forgave all the stupid things that my dad would say to her. Why would she? I can never know.

Susanne steps down the stairs and looks at me.

"What happened?" She asks.

I look down at where her glaze is at, and I see shattered pieces of once was the glass I was drinking water in.

"Oh, no, I'm so sorry— I didn't mean to," I couldn't grab a hold of my words so I took a paper towel and picked the pieces up.

"No, honey, you don't have to do that! It's fine, here, I'll get it."

I stopped what I was doing and began to sob. Everything was just turned completely upside down. I wanted a life that would be happy and cheerful, but instead, I'm getting a sad and depressing life. Is that fair? Is it? Is any of this any fair? No, I don't think so.

I helped Susanne clean up, that was the least I can do. I am so clumsy, I need to get ahold of myself.