NOW

The hospital was the worst place to sleep in. Finally, after I woke up with more bruises than I already had, they released me. I had a cast on my arm.

We drove back home and I am so tired.

I lay down on Susanne's bed. It's the first time I have been in that room and the bed feels amazing. The walls are white and there is a million gold things in there. It's like the gold lovers dream. I sit on the soft matters and Susanne walks in.

She wants to talk with me.

"Claire, I have something I need to tell you about."

"What is it?"

"I lied to you about being a stranger that was interested in you guys," she said.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I used to live in California and I met Johnny. I knew your mother.. she was my sister. Her and I got into a heated fight and we never ever forgave each other. I told her that Garred was one of those mean types and she never listened to me. When I heard the news I bought a direct flight to here and that is why I got you so quick, because I am your aunt and there is no other family here. I am the only family you have left."

This revelation shocked me and I exploded right there in front of Susanne. 
"So, you're the one my mother alway talked about?"

"Yes," she smiled.

I gave her a big hug and thanked her for being so kind for coming here even though she was upset with her sister. It was such a relief to finally meet my aunt, to see her in person. I loved her so much... maybe that was why she reminded me so much like my mom with her cooking and protectiveness. That's why I loved her so much.

I could've never in a million years guess that she was the one that abandoned my mother. I could've never imagined that she would be the one to save me from the foster home. I loved her so much for that.

I asked her if she was going to tell Ellie and she said maybe later but that I needed to know first. I told her thank you again for everything.

Then I asked her the question that has been haunting me forever.

"Who was that on the phone.. Natasha something?" I asked.

"That was a long time ago! But.. she was just telling me that she was worried because some kids saw you talking to yourself. There was no one there. You know about this?" She asked.

"Yeah, I do. It was just a misunderstanding with me. They thought I was imagining a friend when I clearly was just talking to myself," I lied. I am horrible at lying.

"Hm. I am glad you are aware of it."

I stand up and move to the bathroom and splash water on my face. I cannot believe that the person in this room is my own aunt. The one that I always wondered what she looked like. Wondered where she was all this time. I just... it's unbelievable.

I look at her and then blink again. Is this really my aunt or am I hallucinating again.

"Claire, I am telling you the truth. I am your aunt." She says.

I believe her. Something inside me tells me that she is telling the complete truth and that everything is fine with what she is telling me. I am still in that moment of shock and it is blinding to think about. It's so crazy that I never realized this in my life.

I instantly forget about everything around me and just cherish the moment right now that I finally get to meet my aunt. It is the most craziest thing in my entire life that has happened.

I smile at her and hug her.

"I love you."

"Me too, sweetie."

I honestly feel loved. Finally.