NOW

It's been two weeks with Susanne and Johnny and look at all the horrible stuff that has been happening. And don't you see that the police don't do anything. They haven't even found any new evidence about my family. I know they won't find anything because.. because they don't care. They don't care abut me or any of my cases. I am just another one of those "boring cases" that they have to deal with. Why couldn't they just come to my house and tell me the news they wanted to find put instead of asking my principal, psychiatrist, and new parents to interrogate me. That is crap!

I walk over to Susanne and smile at her, hoping she doesn't see that I am furious right now.

"What's wrong?" She asks. How did she notice?

"I'm fine, nothing is wrong."

"Oh, your face looks like you are in another world," she laughs. I let myself laugh too.

I walk out of the kitchen fast so she wouldn't ask me more questions but then I remember what I was going to ask her.

"Why did I have a psychiatrist in the first place?" I ask.

"Hm, honey, because.. because we didn't, uh, we thought that you needed to talk to someone. Maybe like a friend or something. We didn't know this was going to happen like that. I am so sorry."

"It's fine."

I turn around again and I head into my room. I knew there was another reason why but no one was telling me. There had been something that people see that I don't about myself. I guess I will have to wait and see if I ever find out what it is.

Ellie comes around the corner of my wall into my room and she makes me jump. I laugh when i realize it's her. She jumps on my bed and throws herself on it. She seems very tired.

"What have you been doing?" I ask, smiling.

"Oh, nothing. Johnny and I were planting and gardening outside!" I laugh at that and get up.

"Here, get in there an take a shower! You're covered in dirt!" I laugh and hand her a towel. He gets into the bathroom and closes the door.

I go outside and there he is, Johnny, standing there planting just like Ellie said.

"Hey!" I say.

"Hey Claire!" He looks up and smiles at me.

I ask him if he wants anything to drink and he says that he doesn't.

"Thank you," I say abruptly.

"For what?" He seems very confused.

"For everything, for keeping Ellie safe."

He smiles and comes over to hug me. I hug him back. I love Johnny a lot. I never ever would've guessed that I would have a male parent that would actually love me and support me. I feel like I am the only one that has felt that.

I could kill him, flashes across my mind. It brings me back to the conversation I had with Lynn. She hated him as much as I did but for completely different reasons. The one thing we both had in common for hating him was the word love. He never really showed love, at least real love, to any of us. He was a dry person. Johnny is completely different, since he really showed you the love without having to tell you. You could sense and tell that he loved you and loved being around you. Johnny was more open to the world around him, something that Garred never had. Maybe it was their backgrounds that differentiate them so much. I guess that Johnny lived a happy and open environment when he was a small child and Garred was abused and his world was very limited and closed in. That is what I believe that makes the change from person to person, their background. Where they came from, how they overcame their obstacles. Or did they not overcome them? That is what makes a person a person, I think. You need to dig deep into the lies of a person and gather the real truth. Just like I did with Garred. I found the truth that he was an abused little kid that never knew how to overcome his problem so he spent the rest of his life replaying the nightmare he was living in. Maybe he deserved to die because we all know he was never going to overcome this obstacle and he caused so much harm. So what's the use?