Married?! Part 15

A few weeks later you were pretty much all healed up face began to look like it was back to its normal color and not like you went five rounds with a UFC fighter in a cage match. That morning you woke up at Zak's you've been spending more time together and he had planned a few mini dates here and there with lunch by the garden one day, then home cooked meal by the fire and movies we said we'd catch up on over the few years you've known him you loved spending all this time with him but you still wondered what was going to happen when the papers had gone through you decided you'd talk to him about it later that day.

You felt little licks on your hand, causing your eyes to fly open and then relaxing once you saw it was only Gracie.

"Good morning pretty girl" you smile and pet her "is it time to go potty huh?" You asked and you got up slow so you didn't wake Zak and she got all excited and you let her out the bedroom door and out the back door in the kitchen as she went off and did her business.

You had walked over to the stove and turned on the tea kettle to make some tea and go sit out on the deck as Gracie got her fill of being outside this beautiful morning.

You got your mug and poured the warm liquid before the whistle went off. You added sugar and cream and took a seat outside on the patio and turned on your iPod and listened to some music just relaxing and enjoying the morning.

As you sat there singing along with the music you couldn't help but think about the expending doom about the divorce sure it made you sad, but if Zak never wanted it then you weren't going to push him to keep this going. You sighed softly and took out the earbuds and set the tea down, leaning back into the seat stitching and had your eyes closed you had the feeling of being watched then felt hands go on your shoulders making you jump and Yelp.

"Jesus don't do that!" You yelled and covered your face

"Thanks for the mini heart attack" you added once you calmed down you felt his lips on yours and he bent over behind the chair you rubbed his cheek and neck.

"Morning sleep ok? And sorry I keep leaving you alone in bed, Gracie needed out" you say softly against his lips and let go of him so he could sit you moved over making room for him and ended up sitting in his lap.

Zak POV

I watched Y/N as she sat on my lap watching Gracie sniff around the garden.

"What were you listening to?" I asked, pointing to her earbuds.

"Music, just finding something quiet to do whilst you were still asleep." She answered and gave me a smile.

There was a split second when it fell and I could almost see the cogs in her mind turn. Her brows pulled and she frowned before she shook her head lightly, looking back at Gracie.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Me? Y-yeah." She answered.

"Sure?"

"Just thinking about things. Pointless things, that's all... Anyway. What are you doing today? Hiding in that man cave of yours again?" She asked.

"I had work to do.. I'm a busy man."

She grumbled laying her head on my shoulder, "I know. But I get bored."

In the last few days I had pushed Y/N away, not that I had realized it until she told me the other day that when I work I shut her off. I hadn't ever realized...

"Do you want me to help you with work? I can't really do a lot, but I can listen for EVPs?" She suggested.

"No. No today I think I'm going to take it off."