Chapter 18 - Sweetheart

Katherine's POV

I was working non-stop for a long time thanks to 'Someone', I was so engrossed typing on my Laptop when i felt a presence beside me, i lifted my head up to meet with an amused light brown eyes looking directly at me, i studied his face and his Dark brown hair and it didn't took a while to realize who is he.

"Alex Warren" , Ashton's best and maybe only friend , he works in this company too, Caleb told me that he and Ashton started this company together.

He looked amused staring at me from up to down even though i am sitting making me feel uncomfortable under his gaze, then he lightly rubbed his chin, a smile stretched over his lips and one of his eyebrows lifted a little.

"Mr. Ryder is busy now, you can wait till he finishes." I shifted in my seat while i managed to utter these words.

"And you are?" he asked amusement filling his eyes , i think he didn't know yet that Ashton hired a new personal assistance.

"Mr. Ryder's PA." I said in a matter-of-a-fact tone.

He titled his head, his eyes studying my face, "Oh but for me you look more than a just a personal assistance sweetheart."He said with a smirk forming over his lips.

Wait.

Did he just -- did he just call me sweetheart ?

The fuck-

"Excuse me !" I said, shooting him a glare. "Look if you don't have an appointment i advise you to leave."

"Oh sweetheart , you don't know who i am ?" He said, his palms pressed over the desk as he inched closer. My jaw tightened as i pressed my back against my seat.

I do know who are you, but if you will call me 'Sweetheart' again i wont hesitate to kick your balls. I wanted to tell him that but thanks god i was able to control my anger.

"Should I ?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"I advise you to be more careful with your tone.. sweetheart".

I fed up , this man is playing on my nerves.

"Stop calling me that !" I said gritting my teeth.

"Call you what ?" He said ever so innocently. "Sweetheart." He added, letting the word slip so slowly out of his mouth trying to tease me more.

He looks so calm and i am here burning from the inside. What kind of people i let myself deal with.

"Look Mr. i-dont-know-who-the-hell-you-are I advise you to get the hell out of here, because unlike you i don't want to waste my time." I said raising my voice as I stood from my seat.

I don't care he is like my boss as well but i am fed up, one moment that 'Someone' starts shouting at me for no reason and now 'this' is teasing me and playing on my nerves.

"Oh feisty -- Just like i love. " His smirk was bigger now.

"I swear if you don't leave i will hit you."

He chuckled, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth, he said , "Hit me baby hit me, i have a feeling i'll enjoy it."

My eyes widened, i really want to hit him, oh my god-

"Do you have any manners !"

He shook his head, "Nope." He said popping the p. "I can show you too-"