Chapter 39 - To Grandma's

Katherine's POV

After making sure i cleaned all the mess on my face and hair , i went back to the kitchen to finish my heavenly chocolate cake, i placed it in the oven after mixing all the ingredients and waited for it to be ready.

I started cleaning the counter when i noticed Ashton getting out of his room , he went to the couch and turned on the TV , my eyes went to his neck and i can't help the guilty feeling that rushed in my chest again , i still feel so bad , I hurt him , and what surprises me is that he did nothing , he didn't say anything !

I kept on staring at him, the injury looks so bad , for sure he didn't put any cream on it, i have to find a one.

Where the hell they put the first aid kit here ?

After turning the place upside down , i found it , i grabbed the burn cream and went toward the living room , Ashton's eyes snapped to my direction, "I see you cleaned yourself." He said with a small smirk on his lips, then turned his head toward the TV.

I felt my cheeks getting warmer , damn him , why he have to remind me with my clumsy actions.

I tried to ignore his comment , then placed the cream on the table in front of him ,"You should put some cream on it , so it will get better."

He looked at the cream then at me with amused eyes, then his eyes went back to the TV totally ignoring me.

"Aren't you going to put some ?" I asked irritated.

He just shook his head , his eyes still fixated on the TV not bothering to look at me, i waited for few seconds before losing my patience , i let out a frustrated sigh before grabbing the cream, i went closer and hovered over him , his eyes widened a bit surprised by my sudden action , i placed some on my finger and i was about to place it over his injury but he flinched away and gritted his teeth once my hand touched his skin.

Damn it ! It hurt him too..

I hate myself , i really do..

I started rubbing it gently trying not to hurt him more , his eyes were fixated on me while doing it , but i kept staring at his neck unable to look at his eyes, afraid maybe..

I finished but my hand was still on his neck , i hesitantly lifted my eyes up and met his , the look in them was unreadable , i didn't understand it but i felt the need to apologize again.

"I am sorry." I said my voice low due to the closeness of our faces.

Suddenly , his hand went to my waist and pushed me toward him that now i was sitting in his lap , i looked at him with wide eyes , "You don't have to apologize , i shouldn't have said that." He said his voice low too , his eyes looking directly into mine.

"I can be a d*ck sometimes." He said shrugging.

"Sometimes ? " I asked teasingly raising one of my eyebrows , he chuckled and a small smile played on his lips, that is when i noticed how much i want to kiss him again especially with this small smile that is making him look ten times hotter.

What the hell Katherine , what is happening to you ?

I don't know , i really don't..

His hand went toward the loosened strand of my hair and tucked it behind my ear , his hand stayed there and as if he was reading my mind , his face inched closer , till our lips met.

The kiss wasn't forced like last time, it was soft , sweet and gentle that it made my heart flutter just by the sensation of his lips on mine, it didn't last long but it was enough to make me forget about everything for a moment.