Chapter 41 - Don't Leave

Katherine's POV

"I will make it faster for you." And with that he went away.

I directly turned around and followed him , he went outside with me still trying to catch with him , "Ashton wait !" I said trying to make him stop.

He turned around , "How foolish of me to think this birthday was going to be different." He said his eyes flashing with anger and something like pain, " Life knows exactly how to f*ck with me."

His words made me hesitate for a moment , i don't want to hurt him more.

But no i have to tell him the truth , i can't keep lying , it will just make things worse.

"I have to.." I wasn't able to continue my sentence because Zoe came from inside , "Ash , where are you going ?" She said looking between us.

"I am leaving." He said and turned around making his way toward the car.

"But it is your birthday !" Zoe exclaimed , "Do i look like i give a shit !" He snapped back and continued his way toward the car.

"Okay at least can you take Zack with you , he is sleeping." She said then looked at me , "You are going too ?" she asked me and i nodded.

"Okay i will bring him." she said and went inside , Ashton was standing by the car waiting her too.

"Here." She said after coming from inside handing me a sleeping Zack , i held him tightly in my arms , "Thank you , it is just i don't know how long we will stay here." She said giving me an apologetic look.

"Its okay." I said giving her a smile and started walking toward the car.

I stood by the door waiting for him to open, but the gentleman he is , he kept standing not bothering to look at my side.

"Can you at least open the door , i am holding Zack." I said annoyed , he can act like a child sometimes.

At my words , he came and opened the door and then went back to his seat.

I held Zack tightly in my arms , while Ashton started driving without uttering a single word.

"I have to explain." I said breaking the silence.

"No need . As i said your ticket will be with you tomorrow." His tone was so cold , his eyes still fixated on the road, "So you can leave , no need to wait more."

His cold behavior was driving me crazy , "Why you are making a big deal out of it , it is not like i am the first person to quit." I said anger started building inside me.

"Why you are acting like that !" I said when he didn't answer.

"Because it is different !" His voice raised while he uttered those words,his hold on tightened around the steering wheel.

"Dammit , because i like you !", He said and the car stopped with a sudden jerk.

My hands tightened around Zack afraid at him , while Ashton directly went out of the car leaving me trying to digest his words, i knew there was something happening between us but when he said it, it felt so real..

He shouldn't like me..

This will just make it harder for me to tell the truth !

I looked around and that is when i noticed we arrived to the mansion , i opened the door and stepped outside carefully , i went inside with Zack in my arms , i placed him on the couch and sat beside him.

I placed my head in my hands , and closed my eyes trying to compose myself.

Just in a matter of few days my life had changed hundred eighty degrees.