Chapter 33 - Mr. Friend

Katherine's POV

When we arrived I directly rushed to my room without uttering a single word , I wasn't ready for him to ask me anything.

Because I won't have answers for his questions.

I directly took off my clothes then stepped into the shower and allowed the hot water to sooth my aching muscles, the steam from the shower was thick and filled the air as i washed away the grim from today.

Today was worst that I thought it would ever be, i feel like I've lost Caleb and Cara, and believe me i am so not ready for any other loss.

I don't know why i broke down in front of Ashton , he didn't ask me anything but the way he was looking at me made me feel that he understood my pain.

I don't know , it felt so peaceful being in his embrace.

But this is wrong , all of this is wrong, i danced with him , i hugged him , heck i even almost kissed him.

Caleb was right , i love Chase but yet i was kissing the man who killed him , how could I ? Why when he is always so close i forget the fact that he is the reason that Chase is not here anymore..

I got out of the shower all these thoughts still roaming in my head , i wore a black short and a white tank top leaving my wet hair loosened over my shoulders , i sat on the bed's edge not knowing what to do.

I don't want to go out and face him , he will probably ask me what happened and why i was crying and for sure i have no answer for that.

As if he was reading my mind , i heard a knock on my door , i took a deep breath before muttering 'Come in.'

He opened the door and stepped in , he looks like he took a shower too , because of his wet hair, he is wearing a black sweatpants with a white t-shirt.

Damn it is just him , or all man looks hot in sweatpants..

I was too busy thinking about this that I didn't notice him getting closer.

He sat down beside me, "Are you okay now ?" He said looking at me with worried eyes , his tone showing concern.

"Yeah i am fine." I said, then averted my gaze toward my hands.

"Katherine what happened ?" He asked but I didn't answer, my eyes were still looking at my hands, i was playing with them nervously.

His fingers lifted up my chin and i had to look into his ocean blue eyes.

I shook my head and mumbled "Nothing." With a low voice.

"Tell me , why you were crying ? And who in hell did this to your arm ?" He asked the last sentence pointing at my red strained arm his tone changing and i can see anger in his eyes.

Why he cares anyway ?!

"Can we talk about this later ? " I said , "Please !" I added when i noticed how he didn't like what i've said.

"Okay." He finally gave up , "Can you at least tell me who did this to your arm , so i can make him pay for this." He said clenching his jaw.