Chapter 22 - Back Home

Katherine's POV

"Come to my office" Ashton's voice echoed snapping me from my work.

Taking my small notepad, i headed toward his office , thinking if he ever heard of a word called 'Please' or something like that.

He just order people around.. That's all he knows..

Knocking on the door , i entered after i heard him mutter 'come in'.

I reached his desk , his eyes snapped up looking at me for a while before he started talking.

"I want you to cancel all the meetings and interviews for the next week." He said making me confused by his sudden decision but then he continued "I am going on A business trip to Columbia. "

Oh great ! One week with no Ashton , that is a relief.

And it will give me time to go more around things over her , i may find other ideas that would benefit our plan.

But my happy bubble didn't last long, because..

"You can leave now , so you can rest and pack. l'll pick you at 7:00 pm" he said making my eyes widen.

"W-what ?" I stuttered.

He just looked at me raising his eyebrow in the process.

"Pick me up and go where ?" I questioned still confused.

"To the airport." He said in matter-of-a-fact tone.
"Your my personal assistant, of course you are going with me." He continued with the same casual tone.

"E-excuse me !" I think my voice's tone was higher than it should be.

And then realization hit me..

He is going to Columbia...

And he wants me to go with him...

Alone with him...

For a week...

To Colombia..

To the place where it all started.. And where it all ended..

"I C-cant , i cant go !" No way in hell i can go.
He looked at me with an irritated expression not satisfied by my words.

"I have important things to do here , i cant leave suddenly for a week." I said trying to find an excuse. "And you cant tell me something like that in the last minute." I finished but the moment i looked at his face i wanted to take it all back.

He stood up and went from behind his desk to stand beside me, his face showing anger and irritation.

"What? Are you questioning my orders Miss Katherine ? Have you forget that you work for me. I don't care what important things you have , i don't care if you cant leave your boyfriend for a week.." He paused his voice was low but the way he spoke sent shivers down my spine, his acrid tone made me want to set in the corner and cry.

"B-but.." I wasn't able to continue.

"No buts" he shouted.
"Unless you don't want this job anymore."

I would be lying if i said the bitterness in his tone didn't affect me, his intimating personality always manages to scare me.

And i cant get fired now , i need to finish what i started , so i have to accept and go with him.

I nodded my head unable to utter any word due to his closeness.