Chapter 32 - The Almost Kiss

Katherine's POV

"It's you , You're HIM !" I said my eyes widened in surprise or more like in shock.

"I knew you would finally notice." He said wearing a genuine smile.

Wait what ?

"You knew this before ?" I asked and he nodded, damn him why he didn't say anything earlier.

"Wait , is this why you hired me right away without an interview or anything." I asked confused.

"No , when you first bumped into me , i felt you look familiar, that i knew you from somewhere but I wasn't able to point it out, i mean you were like 15 years old back then , you looked somehow different." He explained.

"Then when you were sure it is me ?" I asked suddenly curious to know more.

"When you were doing my tie the day before , and then you looked up , you had the same look like when we were dancing , and just right then i was sure it was you." He said with that beautiful smile not leaving his face.

"Wow ! This is such a small world." I exclaimed still not able to digest that Ashton and the blue eyed guy are the same person.

"Indeed, who would've though you would come knocking on my company's door for a job." He said then twirled me around that i almost felt like i will lose my balance but his hand held my waist tightly.

I looked up at him , still trying to digest what is happening .
I didn't knew it was him until the dance because he was acting the same , he even said the same words , i mean if not for that I would've never knew, because back then he was different, he was smiling , he was joking , there was this twinkle in his eyes that pulled me to him like a magnet.

But now , he is nothing like that , he never smiles , always serious, always angry , annoyed, always cold.

It is till today that i was able to see his smile , his real genuine smile , and damn isn't it amazing.

I let myself stare at him while our so close bodies were swaying with the rhythm.
I am not looking at the cold heartless Ashton now .. I am looking at the same blue eyed guy that made me feel special for the first time in my life.

"So i owe you nothing now." I said smiling when I remembered what happened ten years ago, he told me i owe him a dance in the future.

"Actually you still owe one thing." He said smirking , raising one of his eyebrows in amusement.

He didn't give me time to react , his head inched closer until i felt his breath brushing over my skin, it felt like we are repeating what happened ten years ago.

His eyes were opened and so were mine , we were staring at each others, his eyes were full with emotions , they were not the same cold eyes, they were the same blue eyes that i dreamt about like a million time.

His lips brushed over mine and i closed my eyes waiting for the kiss to happen , but to my luck a ringing voice echoed in the empty place making us flinch away.

Damn mobile phones , always interrupting my kisses.

Ashton took the phone from his pocket cursing something under his breath.