Chapter 31 - Slow dancing (Part one)

Katherine's POV

"Caleb ! You're here." I squealed unable to hide the excitement of seeing him here.

Well turns out that this night wasn't as bad as i though it would be.

"I was invited too." He said the smile not leaving his face.

"How are you ? " he asked.

"I am fine , no actually i am great now." I said .

I wanted to throw myself at him, and hug him , but I can't risk Ashton seeing me.

Wait , Oh my god ! Ashton is here , he cant see me talking to Caleb.

"Oh my god , go away before Ashton see us talking." I said with wide eyes.

"Relax , it is okay , he is not here now and people meet new people at parties , So if he saw us we can pretend it is the first time we see each other." He explained and he had a point there but i am still worried.

Caleb's eyes went from me to Cara , "Hey Car, how are you ?" He said and i turned my head toward Cara.

"I am okay." She said her cheeks had a shade of pink , she was blushing , damn girl she really likes him , which reminds me i have to do something about this since Caleb is here.

"You look so beautiful." Caleb said making me snap my head in his direction surprised by his sudden comment.

"Err.. T-hanks." I stuttered when i saw the way he was looking at me , i felt uncomfortable under his gaze , which is a thing that have never happened before.

"You don't look so bad either." I said trying to ease the awkwardness of the moment.

Few minutes ticked by with me and Cara talking with Caleb. I updated him with everything happening with Ashton and he told what he did as well concerning our plan.

Suddenly, i felt an arm being wrapped around my waist, touching my bare back. With my wide eyes , i directly lifted my eyes and saw Ashton beside me staring at Caleb , "So i see you met my date."

My eyes widened at his words, i looked at Caleb , his eyes were fixated at Ashton's hand around my waist , he clenched his jaw , his hand curled into a fist.

Oh this is not good !

"Excuse me ?" I asked Ashton trying to remove his hand from around my waist.

"Just kidding dear." He said looking at me with a big smirk plastered on his face.

Kidding ! Since when he jokes around ?

And dear ? Seriously Mr. Jerk ?!

"Well i saw a beautiful lady alone , so why not introduce myself." Caleb said forcing a smile.

"You didn't change a bit." Ashton said , the smirk still plastered on his face.

"Well, I am flattered." Caleb replied back.

"So how is work ?" Ashton asked changing the subject.

"Work is good." it was obvious from Caleb's expression that he doesn't want to talk more with him , but it look like Ashton didn't quite understand that because he kept on talking.

"I know it is late to say this, but uh .. i am sorry for you loss." Ashton said his tone changing into a serious one.

I couldn't help the sharp pang of pain that hit my heart because of his words.

The loss that you caused. I wanted to say but kept it to my myself.

"No need to apologize , it is not like its your fault." Caleb said with a fake smile.