Chapter 47 - Change in Plans

[IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END]

Two months later..

Ashton's POV

I rubbed my tired eyes, my foot tapping on the floor as i waited patiently for the elevator's door to open.

Zack clutched on my pants to grab my attention , i averted my gaze from the door and looked at the small blonde boy as he raised his hand up.

"Up ! Up !" He mumbled while jumping.

I couldn't help but smile at the little boy as i held him in my arms.

Zoe gave me a grateful look as she was busy talking on the phone.

She called me in the morning asking me come with her to the doctor to check on her baby since John, her husband is out of town for work.

I couldn't say no to her even though i am tired like shit.

I rubbed my temples again as a yawn escaped my lips while i stepped inside the elevator.

Damn i am so fûcking sleepy !

How many hours i slept today ,three maybe or was is two ?

It doesn't matter , that has became my sleeping routine for the last two months.

With all the work piling over my shoulders , of course there is no time for sleeping.

After what happened , when i came back here to LA , Mark, my so called dad came to me telling me he bought the company and he wants me take it back.

For that i was glad , because that Caleb didn't have the opportunity to take over my company.

I would've killed myself if he did.

I asked him why he did that , why he bought the company for me , he just said because i am his son.

But I know that is just a big lie, he did that to have the upper hand over me, to put me under his control again.

I wanted to refuse his offer at first , but then thinking about it , I can't lose my company.

I built it out of nothing till it became what it is today. And when I thought i lost it i was devastated.

But then i had a chance to take it back , so i threw my dignity away and accepted his offer.

With that done , i had to work harder this time , because all our partners backed out when the bank took over the company, which threatened their investments.

So i had to prove that they can trust their money in our company again and there is no threat or whatsoever.

I won't let what happened before to happen again.

No one can manipulate me now , i won't give any one the power to fuck me up the way she did..

The ding voice snapped me from my thoughts, as i saw the elevator door opening.

I rubbed my neck as i stepped out , it aches so damn much.

Note to self , don't sleep in the office's chair ever again.