Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning a wave of stress and relief fell over me. Stress because I keep having this dream and it just continues. Relief because Cole and I made up last night. I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. My body was covered in purple and blue bruises. Cole. Last night. I don't regret it but now that I think about it this is only the beginning. I walked out and saw Cole was gone. I sighed and went back to our room. Then got ready for the day...

By noon, I had played a game of badminton against Jessica and won, fed, painted a self portrait and went for a walk in the garden. Today was an easy day now that I think about it. Wait where's Cole? I haven't seen him since last night. Just as I finished that thought he came in the room and took off his jacket.

"Where have you been?", I asked.  

"I had to go somewhere", he replied.

"Where?", I asked.

"Somewhere important", he replied.

"Where?", I asked.

"Don't worry about it", he replied.

"Tell me", I said.

"Isabel it's nothing. Don't you trust me?", he asked.

"I do trust you but you had me worried", I replied.

"It's nothing honestly", he said.

"Nothing? It was nothing?", I asked.

"Look I did what I had to do. Isabel why are you so crabby today?", he asked.

"Maybe because you refuse to tell me where you went when I was worried sick about you", I replied.

"Isabel I'm fine. Nothing major happened", he said.

"Uh huh. Sure", I said.

"Alright fine. Believe me or not. I have some thins to do", he said.

He gave me a quick kiss and left the room. I picked up his jacket and took a whiff of the scent. It wasn't his usual vanilla and cream. It was strawberry. He's cheating on me. I just know it...

So what do you think is gonna happen to Cole and Isabel? Will she leave him and give up her royalty life and go back to being a peasant or take matters into her own hands? Find out in the next chapter!