Chapter 17

"You must be crazy. Having a complete stranger come and stay with us is a bad idea. Your friend could be a murder for all we know", I said.

"Look, I know him like the back of my hand. He's not gonna do anything", he said.

"Still, people do change within centuries", I said.

"Like I just said, I know him like the back of my hand. He's harmless when it comes to food. By that I don't mean human food", he said.

"I still think it's a bad idea. What about his mate? She could be a murderer", I said.

"Okay first of all, she's human and she wouldn't hurt a fly. Secondly, you're in denial. Third and finally, they're great people. Just give them a chance will you?", he asked.

"Alright fine. But if he pulls anything they have to leave", I replied.

"Thank you. Besides he knows about the baby and that she's due in less than a month", he said.

"If he's anything like Devon then he needs to go. However his mate can stay cause it'd be nice to have a human around who actually understands the pain I felt when we got together", I said.

"Well all that matters is that I got you to agree", he said.

Sage's POV

I can't believe my dad is dead. It seems like yesterday he was leaving for his trip. Now he's gone forever and won't come back. I decided to sell the house to an older woman who's husband died two years ago. So sad isn't it? As for school Connor made up and excuse where he told them I'm moving out of state. Connor called Cole and told him we'd be arriving a few days late because I couldn't find someone to buy the house before we left.

"Ready to go?", Connor asked.

"I guess. Promise we'll come back and I'll be turned?", I asked.

"I can't make any promises at this point but I'll try. If I don't turn you promise you won't leave me?", I asked.

"I'd never leave you. Human or not I'll always be there. I'll never leave you", he said.

We got in the car and began driving on to the street. I turned my head to the mirror and saw my house getting smaller and smaller each second we got farther from it. Goodbye old life, hello vampire world...

After a good 4 hours of driving we stopped for three reasons. One, I was in desperate need of a bathroom. Two, I was hungry and three the car needed gas. I got out the car and took $100 from Connor. $85 for gas and $15 for snacks. The total was $99 even so I used the last dollar to buy myself another drink. Once I got the snacks and used the bathroom I got back in the car and buckled up.

"How much longer until we get there", I asked.

"69 hours or more depending on how many more stops we make. You should get some rest. We have a long drive", he replied.

"What about you? Won't you get tired?", I asked.

"Then we'll change positions. You'll be driving and I'll be sleeping", he replied.

"I don't know how to get there myself", I said.

"That's why we have this wonderful thing called a GPS".

"Ugh fine. Just wake me up when you get tired", I said.

I ate some chips and drank a Dr. Pepper and laid the seat back. Then let the world of sleep consume me...

Quick note guys,

I am having a cover contest for this book here Vampire Family. If anyone wants to enter, message me between 4-7 today until Friday. The actual contest begins Sunday and ends May 14, 2016. I will only the covers by kik or instagram depending on if I can save images from instagram. I think I can. To enter you must tell me if you are choosing one from the internet or you're making your own so I can put your usernames in different piles. Good luck and may the odds ever be in your favor. (Not relevant to what I'm doing here but oh well :)

When I woke up I couldn't tell if it was morning or night. I looked around me and saw that we were no longer in the car. I was laying on something softer than a car seat but hard as a rock. Using my 20/20 vision I realized that I was laying on Connor and that we are in some motel. I lightly got off him and tiptoed to what seems to be a window. I pulled the curtains open and saw it was still dark outside but I heard birds chirping. I saw a clock on the nightstand and saw it was 5:05 in the morning. What time did I go to bed last night and how did we end up here? Connor didn't look like he was going to wake up anytime soon so I played with my phone until Connor woke up five minutes later. Well at least my battery is at 90%.

"What are you doing up so early?", he asked.

"I could ask you the same thing. Trying to figure out how I got here and in the bed. What happened last night?", I asked.

"After you ate some Doritos and drank a can of Dr. Pepper, you fell asleep in the car. Then about three hours later I had to stop here because I was tired but I didn't wanna wake you", he replied.

"So you stayed up half the night driving?", I asked.

"Yes", he replied.

"I should grab a piece of wood and stab you with it. I told you to wake me up so w could get there faster. I don't like hotels", I said.

"Why not", he asked.

"There could be bed bugs", I replied.

"Oh will you calm down? I checked and there isn't any. I had you wait in the car while I checked", he said.

"Still you should've let me drive. Now we're five hours behind schedule", I said.

"Calm down. Just chill", he said.

"Alright I'm calm. I'm gonna go into the bathroom and wash up", I said grabbing a pair of clothes and bathroom essentials. Once I went in and closed the door behind me I looked in the bathtub and saw it was full of dead bugs. Bugs that could be dead or alive. I can't tell because the bathtub is black and so are the bugs. Once one began flying I took my stuff and ran out the bathroom.

"You didn't check for bathtub bugs did you?", I asked.

"No there's bugs in there isn't there?", he asked.

"Yes. Next time you wanna take a 73 hour trip and not wake me up to drive because you don't want me losing sleep, we're staying in the car for the night", I said.

I stormed out the room furious I can't even brush my teeth and hair. Looks like I'm using the lobby bathroom.