Chapter 21

Isabel's POV

Cole and I walked down the hallway and I began talking as soon as we were out of hearing range.

"I don't think Sage is happy here. I could see it in her eyes she's afraid of me", I said.

"What do you mean?", he aksed

Don't even think of Justin Beiber's song What Do You Mean either. I hate that guy. Sorry all you belibers but I can't stand him.

"She would barely talk to me. She just played with the hem of her shirt and looked at her shoes like they were the most interesting thing in the world", I replied.

"She's just scared because she doesn't know us like she knows Connor. Just give her time to adjust. I'm sure by tomorrow she'll be more comfortable around us. If you have to just tell her that you were human once and you worked here so you know how it feels", he said.

"Sure and let's not also forget how you threw me against the wall when I was looking in your room that one time", I said sarcastically.

He began blushing. The first time he actually looked in my eyes and I knew he was only focused on me at the time.

"Yeah just don't mention that part but if you want to do again", he said smirking.

I playfully punched him.

"Yeah let's not harm the baby", I said.

"Come on I actually like looking in your eyes", he said.

"You look at them all day. Plus I think the dent is still there" I said.

"Wanna go see?", he asked.

"Yeah and bring back the memory of you throwing me again a walk yeah sure", I replied sarcastically.

I felt a kick in me. The baby obviously doesn't approve of that even though this happened 50 years ago.

"Even your daughter doesn't want to go there", I said.

"She'll see it eventually", he said.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and let go of my arm.

"I have to go talk to the chefs about tonight's dinner. Go ahead and get ready", he said.

"Alright. Love you", I said.

"Love you too", he said.

I made my way down the hall and out of nowhere someone grabbed my mouth covering it so I couldn't talk. I noticed something shiny out the corner of my eye. A needle full of sleep serum.

"Don't scream, don't make a sound. We wouldn't want this medicine in your veins and then harm the baby now would we?", a familiar voice asked.

I think I know that voice. Lisa. I knew there was something off about her.

"Now when I let go, you're gonna tell me what Cole's weakness is. So I can take him down and bring your kingdom down. Now what are they?", she asked.