Chapter 19

Isabel's POV

Cole trained for a good 3 days before his friends arrived. I knew the boy was Connor because Cole talked about him non stop for the past three days. We went outside and their car was at the front gate. Cole and his friend did their boy handshake and the two girls with him looked really confused. Cole looked at the girl like he's seen her before. 

"Lisa? Is that you?", Cole asked. 

"Well well well the king of Aden does know me. Yeah it's me", Lisa replied. 

"You haven't changed a bit except for your hair color. Still chasing the rebels?", Cole asked pointing to her bag. 

"Yeah. Two left in existence. I need to find them and kill them. Or else the place you call home will be a living nightmare", Lisa replied. 

"Yeah I know my father told me all about them", Cole said. 

"I don't mean to interrupt but can we go inside it's kinda cold out here", the blonde said. 

"Oh is this your mate", Cole asked. 

"Yep. Sage meet king Cole and queen Isabel", Connor said. 

"It's nice to meet you", Sage said.

"Nice to meet you to. You're human aren't you?", I asked shaking her hand. 

"You could tell?", Sage asked. 

"Yes but don't worry. Everyone here can control their thirst so you'll be perfectly safe", Cole replied. 

I noticed Sage looking at my stomach and Connor looked as well. 

"I didn't even know it was possible for vampires to have kids", Connor said.

"It is. The first one well, we don't wanna talk about it but the first one didn't make it. Hopefully Devon doesn't kill this one", Cole said. 

"Didn't you mention a 16 year old?", Connor asked. 

"Yeah she's out with her boyfriend Spencer. They'll be back in time for dinner", Cole replied. 

"Anyways let's go inside and one of our servants can show you to your rooms", I said. 

Cole and I linked arms and went inside. We stopped at the grand foyer and turned to look at our guests. I looked at Lisa and her eyes were wandering all over the place like she was looking for something. 

"Isabel why don't you take Sage here and take her on up. Lisa you go with them while Connor and I catch up", Cole said. 

"Okay honey", I said.

"I'll catch up in a bit. I need to make a call", Lisa said walking  past us. 

Rude much? I motioned for Sage to follow me in to the living room. I sat on a couch and she sat on the one across from me not making any eye contact. 

"Carly can you bring us some water and a fruit platter?", I asked. 

"Yeah sure. Grapes and apples okay", Carly asked. 

I looked at Sage and she nodded. 

"Yes that'll be fine. Make sure to put some peanut butter on the side", I said. 

She nodded and quickly walked out the room. I looked at Sage who looked worried about something. She isn't afraid of me is she? We sat in silence for a few minutes and Carly came back in with the fruit platter. I took an apple and dipped it in the peanut butter then took a bite.

"Don't worry I don't like human blood so I'm not gonna hurt you", I said to break the silence. 

"Sorry I'm nervous when it comes to new people", she said. 

"It's okay. I think we'll be great friends", I said. 

                                                                             Lisa's POV

I walked past Isabel and took my phone out and dialed a number I know to well. A husky voice answered. 

"What?", he asked. 

"Kane it's me Lisa. Tell Devon that they've arrived", I replied. 

"Ah Lisa darling it's been far to long since we've talked. How are you?", he asked. 

"I don't wanna hear it. Just tell him they've arrived", I replied. 

"You sound so much like you're mother", he said. 

"She's not my mother Kane and don't act like you wanna play the role of my dad either because you had your chance but you blew it", I said. 

"Technically I am your father. I was with your creator when you were re born so you will not speak to me that way understand?", he asked raising his voice at me. 

"Yeah whatever. What's my next step?", I asked. 

"Become friends with the girls. Become friends with the king as well. Find their weaknesses and we'll attack when you call so it'll be unexpected", he replied. 

"What's in it for me?", I asked. 

"You become queen and get to rule. I just want them out the throne", he replied. 

"Yeah okay. I'll call you later", I said. 

I hung up before he could say anything else. Watch out Aden. A new family is gonna rule.