Chapter 18

Sage's POV

Another 10 hours until we arrive. That is if Connor will let me drive because it's freaking 3 in the morning but he refuses to let me drive.

"Connor come on we have a GPS for crying out loud. Let me drive and you get not getting sleep is going to kill me. Literally", I said.

"Sage I'm fine. Just let me drive for another hour and then I'll let you drive", he said.

"No you're moving your but to the passenger seat this instant", I said.

"Ugh fine. Just let me pull over", he said.

"Finally", I said.

He pulled over to the side of the road where we both got out. I walked to the driver's side but he didn't move from the door.

"Do you promise to be careful with my baby?", he asked.

"I thought I was your baby", I replied.

"My second baby", he said.

You're cheating on me with your car? Really I thought was the only one you love. Well it's just a car. It's not like they'll get married and have car babies. I mean they could because I have no idea what's real and what isn't. I sighed knowing I wasn't gonna get the keys if I didn't promise. 

"Yes I promise", I said.

He moved out the way and when he was far away I mumbled "cheater" under my breath.

"What was that?", he asked.

He picked me up and slung me over his shoulder.

"Put me down right now or you'll suffer the consequences", I said.

Thank you Fiona for letting me use your quote. I began laughing and Connor set me down but held my waist.

"How am I gonna suffer?", he asked.

"You'll see", I replied.

"Come on give me a kiss", he said.

"No. Get in the car", I said.

I walked to the driver's side and we both got in. As soon as we buckled up I heard a voice with a click.

"Don't move", the female voice said.

"Who are you?", Connor asked.

"Silence or else the trigger will be pulled and the stake will go into your chest", she replied.

I felt like I couldn't breathe because I was so scared. If she pulls the trigger I am so dead. Just calm down Sage. Give her what she wants and she'll leave.

" Now I'm only asking once. Are you working for anyone?", she asked.

"No", I replied.

"No", Connor said.

"Are you apart of the rebellion?", she asked.

"What rebellion?", I asked.

"No we're not", Connor replied.

"How do I know you're telling the truth?", she asked.

"She's human. I was never apart of the rebellion but I know who is", Connor replied.

"Who?", she asked.

"Kane. There's others alive but I don't know them", Connor replied.

"Where is he now?", she asked.

"Most likely in Aden. I know he's following us there", Connor replied.

"Take me to them. Now", she said.