Chapter 9

I've been gone from the castle almost three weeks and no one has found me. Cole is on the verge of death. Just a couple more hits and he's finished. Devon has kissed me twice already and told me that he's now the father of my child. Devon has given Cole and I five minutes to talk each day cause he says he hates saying me upset. I haven't fed for almost a week and I can already feel myself getting weak.

"Love come here", Devon said.

I didn't hesitate to move from where I was sitting. The only reason I'm doing what he says is so Cole doesn't get hurt and so Devon doesn't me so that way the baby will be safe. I walked into the room and saw him laying on the bed looking amused.

"Yes?", I asked.

"Come here", he said.

I walked over to the bed and sat down. He pulled me closer to him and rubbed my stomach.

"How are my two favorite girls doing?", he asked.

"We're doing fine", I replied.

"Good. I called you in here because I noticed how weak you are", he said.

"What are you gonna do?", I asked.

"Velvet", he said.

A girl with red hair, piercings, a tattoo of a skull on her arm, pale skin and light grey eyes walked in the room. She wore a maids dress with black flats.

"Yes sir", she said.

"Go fetch Isabel a cup of O-Negative", Devon said.

"Yes master", Velvet said.

She rushed out the room and came back seconds later with a cup on a silver tray. She handed me the cup and I looked inside. I didn't drink it cause it could be poisoned.

"Drink it. It'll make you feel better", he said.

"I can't. I don't drink human blood", I said.

"Chill. It's animal blood. Plus the baby needs the nutrition as much as you do", he said.

I put the cup to my lips and began drinking. It tasted like animal and it wasn't poisoned. Once I finished he set the cup on the dresser and looked in my eyes.

"You know if you would just ditch Cole you and I could have a future. I can be the father of the baby and Jessica. You and I can rule the kingdom together", he said.

"I can't. Cole is my mate and I'm supposed to be there for him", I said.

"You threw down the ring. You said so yourself it's over between you two", he said.

"We all know I didn't mean it. I was just frustrated because-".

"Because he hasn't shown he cares about the baby through this whole pregnancy?", he asked.

"He's just had a lot on his mind", I replied.

"Isabel. He doesn't really care about you. From the way he's been treating you do you think he loves you?", he asked.

"He does", I replied.

"Look at me. You are mine. No one else's understand. We are gonna go back to be castle and in a week we'll be married. Then after this child is born you will be having a third. If Cole didn't get to you before I did you would only be having one", he explained.

"What if I refuse?", I asked.

"Then Cole will die", he replied.

This made me go pale. Paler than I already am.

"Fine", I said.

"Glad we came to an agreement love".

Jessica's POV

"Spencer this is hopeless. They've been gone three weeks and no one has seen them", I said.

"Trust me you'll find them", he said.

"I'm going out to find them on my own", I said.

"How?", he asked.

"Follow me", I replied.

We walked down the hall to my parents room. Once we were in I spotted the jewelry box my dad gave my mom three years ago.

"What are you doing?", he asked.

"I'm getting the necklace my grandma gave my mom. It'll help us", I replied.

"How do you know?", he asked.

"I've seen what it can do. I just need to figure out how it works", I replied.

"Maybe if we go outside first of all so we don't destroy anything", he said.

"Good idea", I said getting on his back.

He ran us outside to the garden and I put the necklace on. I didn't feel anything.

"So what do you do?", he asked.

"I have no idea", I replied.

"I thought you knew how to work it", he said.

"I thought I did. For my mom it seemed so easy like she didn't have to do anything", I said.

"Just try and focus on finding your parents", he said.

I stayed concentrated for a few minutes and still nothing.

"I can't. I guess only vampires can use it", I said.

"Let me see", he said.

"Okay", I said.

I handed him the necklace and concentrated on finding my parents. Nothing happened still.

"Its for vampires and its for royals only", he said.

"I'm royalty", I said.

"True but you're not a vampire", he said.

"Turn me", I said.

"What?", he asked.

"Turn me. It's the only way I can find my parents", I replied.

"There's other ways", he said.

What choice do we have?", I asked.

"We have other options other than that. I told your parents I'd turn you at 18 not 16", he replied.

"I need to find my parents Spenc. If you won't help me then I'm going solo to find them", I said.

I ran up to the room and began crying in my pillow for what felt like hours. By the time I finished it was 7:30. Spencer came out of nowhere and hugged me.

"I'm sorry babe. We'll find them", he said.

"No we won't. It's hopeless. They're gone forever and I have to accept it", I said.

I dried my tears when I heard a knock at the door. I went to go answer and one of the maids was there.

"Excuse me your highness but I have some news about your parents", she said.

"Come in", I said.

She sat on the bed and looked at me.

"I'm a friend of your mother's. I think I know where she is. See I've had this sense that there's someone out for revenge on the king because he got to your mother first. So he began seeking vengeance. Now he has them. I would go after them but he's pretty powerful. I only have my magic when the king gives it to me so I'm defenseless", she explained.

"Who is he?", I asked.

"I forgot his name but he's out there somewhere. I'll help you find them if you want", she replied.

"Thank you. I'll need all the help I can get. If you can start the search tomorrow I would appreciate it", I said.

"I'll start right away", she said.

"Thank you", I said.

She did a small curtsey and left the room. At least I have some hope...