Chapter 8

Jessica's POV

I haven't seen my parents all day and no one knows where they are. Spencer tried tracking them but sadly their scents faded away before he could go out and look for them.

"You need to call out a search party and alert the people that they're missing. While they're gone you need to fulfill their duties", Spencer said.

"I can't. I'm not fit to to do everything they do", I said.

"Yes you are. Just think. What would your parents do if you went missing without a trace?", he asked.

"They would send out guards to look for me", I replied.

"Exactly. Go out there and tell them. They need to know", he said.

I walked out the room and to the balcony where I saw everyone going about their business. Well, here goes nothing.

"Attention good people of Aden. Something terrible has happened. My parents the king and queen have gone missing. They've been missing ever since earlier today around noon. I need your help to find asap. My mother is having a baby as you all know and I'm worried something could happen to her and my baby sister. If you find any trace of them please let me know. Thank you", I said.

Everyone began talking about their plans to find my parents. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked up at Spencer.

"Don't worry love. They'll be back", he said.

"I hope so", I said.

Isabel's POV

"I'm not gonna ask again Cole. Who is the king of Aden?", Devon asked holding a chain.

For the past five minutes Devon has been beating Cole with a chain to make him give up his title as king to Devon. Every time Cole got hit I cried. I'm still mad at Cole but I do care about him.

"I'm king", Cole said.

"Wrong", Devon said hitting him with the chain again.

The chain was made to hurt vampires and Cole was bruised badly now to a point where he was bleeding.

"Now Cole. You can make this stop if you tell me who is the king of Aden", Devon said.

"Y-you", Cole said.

"Cole", I said.

"Shut up Isabel. You don't want to end up like Cole. And let's remember that you have a baby to. We wouldn't want anything happening to her would we?", Devon asked.

"No", I replied.

"Then I suggest you keep quiet", Devon said.

He then turned to Cole and dropped the chain. At least Cole won't get hurt anymore.

"Boys take him away", Devon said.

The two men from earlier took Cole out the room and then he turned to me. He walked over to me and unlocked the door.

"Come here", he said.

I did as he said and he held me by my waist.

"You know Isabel. I have to admit you have guts trying to protect him. But it's also sad that I can threaten you so easily", he said pulling me closer. I felt his hand move down my thigh which sent my brain a message that I need to get away from him.

"Please don't", I said.

"I can do as I please", he said.

He held my wrist and led me to his room. Then put me in his bed and kissed me. Tears rolled down my face. Someone pleas help me...