Chapter 13

Something was disturbing him...he took the keys and sauntered out of the house...... soon he was driving towards the main road.....he didn't knew where he was going.....he wanted to get rid of his feelings.....he gulped the entire bottle of alcohol but that didn't help much.......

he could hardly see the road clearly......there was storminess all around ....it was raining heavily....the weather was inclement.....the more he thought about Chandni, the more faster he drove......

he was passing a steep turn when he saw someone standing in the middle of the road....the windscreen wasn't clear due to heavy rains .....he couldn't make out properly.......all he could see was white dress from top to bottom......he tried to slow down but the car ran over the the woman..... "oh no" ...he quickly stopped the car on the side of the road and stepped out..... to his surprise there wasn't anybody around..... without bothering himself much he started driving......he was dripping wet....

Kaka was surprised to find an old map lying under the crown in the box.....he tried hard to study the map but it seemed very old, probably a hundred years old......the pictures, lines had faded.....it wasn't a familiar language....but he knew there was something that this map was telling......

he looked at the clock.....it was time for dinner and Veer hadn't come back yet....he was worried for him as the weather wasn't good..... there wasn't a single star seen in the sky.....

------

Chandni grasped her holy book tightly in her arms.....she was scared....something made her feel uncomfortable....she couldn't understand what was happening with her..... she felt as if she was fighting with her own self.....

she was clueless about her being closer to Veer.....there was something that was pulling her towards Veer that she didn't even realize she was standing so close to him, on the other hand there was entirely opposite feeling that made her dangerously scared, she felt insure.

It was difficult for her to decide her right and wrong.....though as far as she knew Veer, he was nice person in front of her......

she touched her forehead, her cheeks that were blushing by his mere touch.....the moment she imagined his hand on her cheeks, she closed her eyes, she could hear her own heart beat......

she imagined Veer closer to her.....she smiled a little while her eyes were still closed then she saw her Grandmother, telling her about the past incident that happened years ago with her own Mother.....Chandni froze at the thought, she opened her eyes "no.....i won't let him come closer to me"

------

Veer reached home and went upstairs..... Kaka watched him, he knew he's drunk and took his dinner to his room......

Veer lay on the bed......Kaka was not happy to see Veer in such condition...... "come have your dinner..."

Veer didn't say anything..... Kaka repeated again.....but there was no response from him.... Kaka helped him change his clothes and covered him with the blanket......

It was late night......

Veer was sleeping peacefully on one side.....he rarely slept on his back....he had a habit of turning towards his right side while sleeping...

he could sense someone in his room though his eyes were closed......was that his dream or there was someone actually in his room....he didn't open his eyes......someone in white clothes came closer towards his bed....

he couldn't turn himself the other side, as if he was under some strong spell that wasn't allowing him to even budge....

he could see something more clearly, the same woman with white clothes whom he ran his car over, this time he could see her long hair.....