Chapter 41

Kamini had called all her friends and told about Chandni's knee injury...... one by one they all surrounded her in the hospital room making her more furious.....she kept giving fake smiles and looked daggers at Kamini who couldn't understand her reason of staring at her "what happened Chandni....?? is it painful??"

"no no Grandma.....i think I would surely die of people surrounding me and kissing me on my forehead.....please can you not send anyone else now" Chandni seemed irritated....

Kamini smiled "well Chandni.....these people are called well wishers.....so don't think you are suffocated......"

Chandni rolled her eyes and looked at the other side making it very clear that she doesn't want to meet anyone.......

the moment Kamini left she relaxed.....the only thought that flicked her mind again and again was Veer....... she wasn't ready to accept that she can't live without him.....he was becoming her part.....her anger occupied all other emotions that were running for him.........how could he every time kiss her so harshly and forcefully.......

her chain of thought broke at Maneka's voice "Chandni...."

Chandni looked at her ..... "i was about to call you......i may not attend college for next four weeks so could you please help me with the assignments...."

Maneka looked at her knee "you don't have to say that.....i know what I have to do......you must rest....but tell me how did you fall...??"

Chandni looked at her knee..... "well Maneka....can I tell you something....i know its really hard to believe but...."

"what is it Chandni??" Maneka placed her hand on hers.......

Chandni couldn't understand from where she should start......

***********************************

Meenakshi was on her way to the hospital when she received a call from one of her clients........She seemed happy and quickly reached the hospital.....

"Chandni......beta how are you?? she kept a big box of food on the table.....

Chandni smiled "very well mom" her smile turned into a big frown "why have you got this food here??"

Meenakshi knew Chandni hates when her Grandmother cooks the whole food in ghee..... "you know your Grandmother....she insisted me, what can I do.....believe me its not that bad"

"no way Mom.....i won't eat that food......." Chandni made a weird face...... as if she would puke any moment....

Maneka laughed "well don't worry, I will accompany you....."

Meenakshi smiled "alright...i have to leave now.....you know Chandni we have got a big offer from a client, and its all because of Veer......i must tell him this....."

Chandni wanted to tell her mother that Veer was in hospital, but something stopped her.....she ignored as if he hasn't done anything extraordinary......

Maneka looked at Chandni "something's cooking here.....i mean you were making such faces when Meenakshi aunty spoke about Veer......"

"why the hell will I?? and it doesn't matter to me at all....." Chandni answered back while picking up the water bottle on the table.....

Maneka smiled mischievously........ "alright.....so it means you are not interested in that handsome man???"

"handsome!!! you must be mad......and I am certainly not interested in him" Chandni replied coldly......

Maneka knew very well Chandni was lying..... "well then my way is clear......if you are not interested, then I will go ahead with him...."

Chandni was getting angry at her words....how dare she thinks of Veer, she would kill her, in fact she would kill any girl who tries to come close to him...... "no you will not"