Chapter 38

Next Day....

It was a bright morning promising a wonderful weather during the day.......

Veer left early morning to attend his meeting in Mumbai....he knew he would return the next day once he completes his pending work with the new venture.

Kaka tried to think over whatever Veer told him the night before..... it was impossible to even imagine such situation..... one similar face, two different identities.....one living and other extinct..... how can this be possible....in his entire life he had never heard such strange thing.....

Veer never lied to him....he must have seen this remarkable truth...... but the most disturbing thought was if that soul did any harm to Veer..... suddenly he remembered Acharya Ji words....

"this soul is waiting for Veer since ages"

The old face showed some more wrinkles as he thought very deeply.......he shouldn't have let him go to Mumbai alone..... if Veer had already felt something unusual around him, that means this evil might be following him.....

****************************

"But Mom.....i wish to visit now ..." hesitant about asking her family again.....

Meenakshi got pestered by Chandni's idea of visiting Rajasthan..... she would never assent to this request, although Meenakshi had never refused to any of Chandni's request's till now but this time she candidly abraded her intention of leaving alone.....

Simultaneously agitated at Chandni for putting screws at everyone Kamini exasperatedly frowned at her "what rubbish....how many times do we have to repeat it to you Chandni.....???"

Shama contemplated for Chandni who did not eat anything.... "oh you poor thing....." gaped at astonishment "why? Why can't she travel alone...??? what's the matter??"

Meenakshi took a deep breath before giving a run-around "aunty.....its not safe....i mean look at the distance...how can I let her travel alone?"

It wasn't easy to persuade Meenakshi and Kamini....but Shama tried her best....after a complete debate for half an hour finally it was agreed that Shama will go with Chandni.....

Chandni delightfully walked up to her room and looked at the stones...... her heart was somehow filled with happiness as if she was going to achieve something...... she touched the letters on the stone..... "Mehrangarh..."

*********************

Few hours later

Maneka reiteratively dialed Chandni's no... ....she was hit like ton of bricks after watching the news flashing since last ten minutes..... "pick up the phone Chandni??" like a sudden frenzied panic-stricken animal she rushed from one corner of the room to another.....

finally Chandni finished her breakfast, she was about to leave when she heard her phone vibrating in her bag.....

"Hi Maneka.....i will reach in half an hour"

"where the hell had you been....i am trying since last ten minutes..." Maneka blasted...causing worrisome environment around her.....

"stop acting like you have ants in your pants........now tell me what is troubling you??" Chandni shouted....

"turn on the T.V.......you must watch this news...." Maneka yammered making Chandni furious....

Chandni picked up the remote "news channel??"

"yes....fast" Maneka said impatiently.....

Chandni watched the news .....

Once a happy realm, it has now fallen upon hard times accompanied by sinister events......Although the village lands support agriculture...... the harvested grain inexplicably self-incinerated overnight. Those who left Mehrangarh assuredly meet financial or personal ruin outside, and those who are staying are plagued by the suffering of a bleak and hopeless existence........