Chapter 44

On his way to Darjeeling he saw a group of boys standing on the side of the road next to a car...... "any problem guys?"

They all recognized Veer as he had once been to the same bar.... "Vishal...."

"hey Veer, how are you man?"

"what happened?"

"we are looking for a mechanic......just going to the bar...."

"come, I can drop you...." Veer insisted .....

all the four boys cheered up ......

Vishal opened one bottle.... "hey that's for my friend"

Veer smiled.... "well....can't have now..."

Vishal was surprised at Veer "what??? Veer and no alcohol??...did you quit drinking??"

"of course not" replied the handsome man.....

"so, what's the matter??" Vishal enquired....

Veer took a deep breath..... "well I am going to my boss's party.....a religious ceremony.....so"

"oh.....but you can have just one shot....it won't make that difference..." Vishal offered Veer....

without thinking much Veer had one shot.....but that was not sufficient for him....though he tried not to have another drink but all these boys stopped the car and enjoyed their drinks before entering Darjeeling.....

*************

"Chandni.....where are you??" Kamini shouted from the group of ladies sitting around the dinning table.....

Chandni walked towards the ladies who were busy making some food that was to be offered at the temple "yes Grandma"

"you must wear this suit.....you will look good... and cover your head while you are sitting in the ceremony..." Kamini instructed.....

Chandni was least bothered about anything going on.....she looked at her Mother who was happy at the deal they got..... she was all ready for the party..... it was decided by Kamini to have some religious chants before the official party starts..... but their party was mere juice and good food...... Chandni looked at the food they were making in oil....she nodded her head and made a bad face before going towards her room...... "oh God....please save me from this old ladies group and their food..." she murmured while closing her door behind.....

Few ladies gathered for a small prayer.... "Chandni.....where are you now??" Kamini shouted from downstairs....

Chandni opened the door and came running downstairs.......... she looked enormously beautiful in her pink suit ..... she just washed her hair as the hair ends looked wet with small drops over her clothes...... she wore some bangles in her fair arms while walking towards the group of ladies........

It was a hobby or it could be called a usual thing for some of the ladies to sing couplets while sitting together..... Chandni was passing by when they asked her to join them......

Maneka and Chandni felt nervous and stupid enough to stand among the ladies and what could they say and how should they start.....

Chandni's eyes fell on Veer who was standing at the door smiling at her.....as if she can't do anything....she can't cook, can't sing, can't dance..... Chandni felt bad........

Veer gazed at Chandni .....he could see the dark black tendrils falling over her fair shoulder and back.......her fair arms and small waist.....

Maneka was shocked.....it was unbelievable for her to even imagine Chandni saying something unusual.....she was still thinking when she heard......