Chapter 54

Bewildered by the constant unsteady movements her mind was still engrossed in finding out the cause behind all the causes, though she was aware that was something beyond any doubt. Slowly the two friends were seated in the bus ... Chandni's mind revised all the previous happenings

The day when she saw the shadow in the mirror...how she came across the stone that had Mehrangrah engraved on it, how she saw a dangerous figure in front of her that looked so identical to her own...well informed of the perilous surrounding, she decided not to look back unless she finds the truth...

abrupt by the loud words of her dear friend Maneka finally reached her ears...deemed it wise to call him, to her fate she could only hear the phone's switched off...finally she looked outside the window, looked up the sky with a small tear in her eye she closed her eyes and remembered her Mother ...she was indeed worried for her Grandmother who was old and alone.

"what are you thinking?" Maneka asked again... wiping the tears off her eyes she turned around to see Maneka who kept the bag on the shelf above her seat...

"nothing" she replied in a low voice...

Maneka looked at her friend's despair face, she seemed lonely, out of the world... as if Chandni was struggling deep inside for something that wasn't in her control...

Bus soon left from Darjeeling, but Chandni was still engrossed in the mysteries of her life... she wanted nothing but happiness in her life... but at every step of her life she came across hurdles..

********************

before Kamini could say another word... Veer curiously looked at the wrinkled face "why did you send her alone?"

Shama knew he would question them... but how could they force Chandni when she herself did not wanted to call him... "Veer... we know we shouldn't have sent her alone but you know her... she's so stubborn that she did not listen at all"

Veer nodded his head "well she doesn't know I am more stubborn then her... "

then he stepped towards Kamini who was already worried for her Granddaughter "where has she gone?" he asked calmly.

Kamini looked at Shama as if making up her mind to disclose everything in front of the handsome boy... "well Chandni has..."

Kamini was still in the middle of her words when Shama said firmly "Mehrangarh"

Veer was surprised as he never heard this place before and neither Chandni told him anything...

He never believed in any superstitious thing and never thought once that Chandni would believe the rubbish and leave to see a place that has nothing to do with anything with their lives... "what the hell was she thinking..." he said to himself...

"she left the entire office... the business and went to search something that is so irrelevant and illogical... " he thought something "how long ago did she leave?"

he questioned the old women who had lost the power of thinking appropriately... "i think 2 hours ago" Shama answered looking at the clock...

Veer quickly jaunted outside the house, and drove towards the bus stop...

******************************

Kaka was continuously looking at the ceiling... he knew everything, yet he wasn't able to help Veer...though his thoughts were stuck in the evil spirit that haunts him every now and then, he remembered each and every word that his friend told him way back. Now he was thinking only about Chandni and Veer...

Manohar knocked the door and peeped inside looking at Kaka, who was still lost in his thoughts... "I have good news for you" scratching his head "or may be bad for you, he smiled "now I will visit you daily...as Veer will not be coming... he has gone to some place for next few days"