Chapter 16- We Can Only Hope

*Edited*
____________________

Jane POV

I had trouble sleeping, mostly because Dude howled part of the night. In a distance, I heard a howl, it reminded me of Carlos, and dream I had seemed so real.

I was in a hallway, and Carlos was in front of me. His eyes glowed a green instead of a red, and he was in his wolf form. I tried to calm him down, but he attacked me. That was where I woke up.

"You okay?" I turned to see Gwyn, almost forgetting she stayed with me for the night.

"Yeah, I just couldn't sleep." I said.

"If it's because of Carlos, we'll find them."

"It's not just that. Lately, I been having this feeling that they're closer than we think." I said, and it was true. When the howling started, I immediately got the feeling that the VKs were close. Before Gwyn could say anything, Dude howled again.

"What wrong with him?" Gwyn asked.

"I don't know. I wish Carlos was here, he always calms Dude down." I said. Dude stopped howling and a howl was heard in a distance.

"Maybe he communicating with Carlos. And Carlos is trying to give a sign on where they might be."

"If that's true, then they must be close to the school." I said. The howling stopped and nothing else was heard. "We have to find them fast."

"We will, but first we have to go meet up with everyone else." Gwyn said. She left the room, but I stayed behind looking out the window. Dude whimpered and looked at me.

If that's you Carlos, we hear you. We'll be where you are soon.

Evie POV

I woke up and saw that nothing changed. Everyone was in cages and we still don't know where we are. I noticed Carlos who howling. I tried to figure out what he was doing, and thought of him signaling our location.

"Hey, Carlos." I whispered to him. He stopped, turned into his human form, and looked at me. "Do you think anyone could hear us?"

He was quiet, and thought of an answer. "We could only hope."

Mal POV

I woke up, feeling heat around me. I felt my hands burn and I felt dizzy. I looked around, and saw my mother.

"I can see you're awake. I can also see that you tried to melt the bars." She said. Everyone looked to her, but I tried to think of a new plan. "I can see that you feel burned, Mal. Allow me to explain."

She walked to the middle of the circle and created images with her magic. "I overheard some of you got new powers in the parallel Auradon," she said, and a blast of magic created Jay, Carlos, Evie and I being hit by the magic. "I created these cages so nothing could break through them. It won't melt or shatter, or even be bended by strength."

She then looked at the all of the VKs. "You all have changed since you've moved here, but you will always have evil in you blood."

"We can change if we want to." Freddie yelled out. My mother looked at her, and snapped her fingers. She was flashed out of her cage and look around.

"Your father wouldn't like that." She said. Freddie looked into the darkness and saw a small shadow.

"Hello, my daughter." Her father spoke to her. Freddie looked surprised, all of us did.

If this happened to Kovu, Scarlet, and Freddie then all of the VKs are going to face their parents.

"You've changed, but you can still live in the shadows." He said.

"I will never go back to the shadows!" She yelled out. Her father's shadow grabbed her shadow and threw her across the room. Freddie looked at him in fear.

"You completely forgot that I have my shadow magic!" He said with an evil laugh. Freddie didn't say anything but only tried to escape. Her father's shadows easily grabbed her shadow and threw her back into her cage.

"I'll ask this one more time, will you come back to the shadows?" Freddie didn't say anything, but looked down.

"Very well than. Now I must be going, I have an evil school to run." He was about to leave, when he looked back. "It is never too late to go back to the darkness."

He left and my mother looked at Freddie, who was still frightened by her father. "Yes, it is never too late to go back to the darkness."

She left for now, but I knew she was going to try to make us be evil again.

We will never be evil, all we can do now is hope that someone will find us.
____________________
A/N- I am still hoping for More Peace in the  world.