Chapter 20- The Dark Side

*Edited*
___________________

Jane POV

I went upstairs, and hung myself upside down on one of chairs, waiting for Maleficent to come back. I was wondering where I was, everything looked dark and gloomy. Maleficent eventually came up the stairs from the basement, along with Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos.

"Well, it's about time!" I yelled out, while I say myself upright.

"Great, my day just got worse!" Mal said.

"Than my job is done." I said back with a smug.

"Now, I need you all to go to Auradon Prep. and change as much of it with your powers."

"If may I ask, where are we?" Everyone turned to me, surprised at what I said. I didn't realize that until a second later. "I mean, tell me where are?!" I yelled out, trying to sound demanding.

"Smooth, really smooth." Jay mumbled out.

"You're on the Isle of the Lost. But there is a portal under the bridge that allows you to leave this retched place whenever you want."

"Then why don't you all just go through it?" Carlos asked.

"Because I want you all to show the true meaning of evil. Be more than what any of us were!"

We looked at each other, and knew exactly what to do.

Lonnie POV

We made it back to the school with the help of Ben. Jane disappeared when we tried to rescue the VKs. The thing I worried about the most was what would the Fairy Godmother say when we tell her her daughter flashed away.

We made it the cafeteria where Audrey and Chad were filling up water balloons and water guns with the Enchanted Lake water.

"Where did you get the water balloons and water guns?" Doug asked.

"We found them when we attached some of the water the the fire prevention system in the boiler room. I thought that we could use them if we're under attack." Chad said.

"It's great to see him thinking of something other than himself for once." Audrey said with a laugh. She stopped when she looked behind us. "Where Mal and the others?"

We were all quiet, but I had to tell them. "They disappeared, again. Maleficent was the one behind all of this."

"Where's Jane? And how is she the one doing this if she doesn't have that kind of power anymore?" Chad asked.

"I'm not sure how she got her magic back, but we have to figure it out. And Jane kind of disappeared with her." Ben explained.

We heard a gasp. We turned to see the Fairy Godmother. Ben went up to her, but she tried to keep a strong face on.

"I'm so sorry. Jane was taken when we were looking for the VKs, but we'll find her." Ben whispered out. He turned back to us. "Right now, we need to prepare. Everyone get a bag full of balloons, a water gun, and the crystals."

Everyone did what they were told, and the Fairy Godmother left to her office. Ben gathered us all around a map of the school, and sorted us into groups.

"The VKs will be in groups of fours. One will be with Kiara and Lonnie, one will be with Doug and Gwyn, one will be with Audrey and Chad, and the others will be with me."

"I'll take the classrooms and hallways." Doug said.

"We'll take the Athletics Area." Chad said while pointing at it on the map.

"So the leaves the dorm, library, and the offices." Ben said.

"We'll go to the dorms and the library, Ben." I said.

Ben POV

"Great. Try not to waste all the water." I said. I looked at everyone, even the VKs.

This had to work, otherwise Maleficent wins.

Right when everyone was about to leave, the windows blew open with a strong wind and the lights flickered on and off. Eventually the lights turned off, but the daylight allowed us to see.

"Do you really think water is going to stop us?" We all turned to see Evie, or at least a shadow of Evie. Doug walked up to her but Chad held him back.

"What do you mean us'?" Chad asked.

"We're just saying that water won't have a major effect." Jay, who was hiding behind a column, walked up to Evie.

"Where's Mal and Carlos?" I said loudly.

"Right here." Mal came out of the shadows and Carlos smashed one of the doors open.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"What do you mean? We never changed as if this place made us worse. We were always rotten to the core." Mal said.

"Where's Jane?" Lonnie yelled out.

"I'm over here." A voice said out of one of the cafeteria doors. A shadow appeared but we could tell it wasn't Jane.

She came out of the shadows and we couldn't believe who it was. She had dark brown hair, and dark blue eyes. She wore leather and had bright pink highlights in her hair. She also had leather boots and spike bracelets. This was a darker version of Jane, but this wasn't her.

"Jane? What happened to you?" Audrey asked.

"What do you mean? I always lived in the dark. Everyone has a dark side. You all just haven't found it yet."

"This isn't you."

"You don't know who I am!" Jane yelled out. At that moment, she shot lightning from her hands. We all ducked down, and I thought of a plan.

"Scatter around, try to make them remember. Stay in your groups." I whispered out. They did what I said. Audrey and Chad's group went through the smashed doors, Lonnie and Kiara's climbed out the windows, Doug and Gwyn's group ran out the doors that weren't smashed open.

Jane, who was apparently the new leader, pointed Jay to the smashed doors, Carlos to the windows, and Evie to the open doors. Mal stayed with her.

This isn't them, they found to the dark side. They just need to see the light.
___________________
A/N- #RottenToTheCore
#DarkSide
🔮⚡️💥🐉🌹✨🍎