Chapter 21- This Isn't You

Edited*
___________________

Doug POV

We ran out the the doors, and through halls. I knew that someone was following us, and we need to think of something.

We ran to one of the classrooms and Freddie was the last one to come in. Someone came in after Freddie, but the other looked exactly like her. I knew that one of them was Evie, but the problem was we didn't know who was who.

"She's an imposter!" One yelled out.

"No, she the one who's lying. I'm the real Freddie." The other yelled out. Gwyn got her bow ready and everyone else got ready to throw the water balloons.

"Fine, we'll have a test. But first, who here knows Freddie the best?" I asked.

"I do." CJ answered while raising her hand. She walked over to the Freddie's, and looked at them closely.

"Question 1: When did you first meet Audrey and Ben?" CJ asked.

"At my father's shop, the Shadow Shop." Both said at the same time.

"Question 2: What is my favorite color?"

"You like dark shades of red and black." They said at the same time again. This went on, CJ would ask a question and they would answer at the exact same time.

"Last Question: When were the times that Freddie saw me hiding?"

"Behind the curtain at my father's shop, behind another curtain in Jordan's lamp, and under the table at the buffet." Only one of them said that, but the other said nothing. We all looked at her. She gave an evil smile, before revealing herself as Evie.

"Well, I guess I didn't know Freddie as much as I thought." She said with a laugh.

"Evie, this isn't you. You're not evil." I said in a calming voice.

"We'll see about that." At that moment, she cloned herself. Evie's started to appear everywhere around us. Each appeared in a flash, and each appeared in a different part of the room.

"What do we do?" Freddie asked. I thought of what to do. The only thing I thought was to get them all wet with the Enchanted water.

I threw a balloon at one of the Evie's and she disappeared by a puff of blue smoke. That is when everyone sprayed the clones, and immediately tried to get everyone wet as possible.

In an instant, puffs of blue smoke filled the room but more Evie's appeared. Eventually only two Evie's were left each looking as exhausted as the other.

I looked at both, and I couldn't tell which was the real Evie. I spray them both with the water, and one disappeared while the other fell to the ground.

I grabbed onto one the stones I had, and placed it in her hands. She gasped and zoned out. She blinked a few times and looked around at all of us.

"What happened?" She asked. I smiled, feeling so happy that she remembered who she really was. She wasn't a villain, she was a hero because she saved us from being forever trapped in a world that should never exist.

I hugged her whispering over, "You're okay, you're okay."

"Doug, I thought I would never see you again." She whispered as she hugged me back.

"We'll always find a way to see each other, even in the toughest of times." I said, while helping her up.

We all walked out of the classroom, and most of us were more wet than others. Freddie spoke out, saying "Now all we have to do is stop Jane from taking over Auradon Prep."