wild flower

Max's P.O.V

Taylor, Zac and I followed Abby for miles until she stopped in the middle of the road that was desert.

"Why did we stop here?" I asked her.

"This is the border line of the territory; we can't pass until the pack has knowledge of us here." Abby said as she turned off her motorcycle.

"Why don't we just pass, we are not going to stay or anything like that. So why waste time here?" Zac said her confused.

Abby gave a sigh.

"And you call yourself the son of an Alpha." She told him shaking her head.

"What do you mean by that?" Zac asked her.

"If we decided to cross the territory without permission which is a complete stupid and reckless idea we would jeopardize the sudden threat of a war between the pack of this territory and my pack. Thing I will not let happen in my first months as an Alpha." Abby said as she glared at him.

"So, what can we do?" Nick asked her.

Abby and Nick got off the motorcycle and Abby lift up the seat of the motorcycle bringing out a bag.

"My Grams flied this bag with all kinds of snacks so we could eat." Abby said as she threw them to Taylor who cached them and pulled out a sandwich.

"So we are just going to sit here and do nothing?" Zac asked Abby.

"Well, we have a huge forest around us." Abby said looking around.

"And what do you expect me to do with it?" Zac asked her.

"They are plenty of trees to mark; I'll leave the rest for you to figure out." Abby said as she took off to the forest alone.

"Where are you going Abby?" I asked her confused.

"I'll be back in a few minutes." Abby said as she left.

Taylor and I started to eat some of the snacks.

"Damn, this woman can cook, wish she was my Grandmother." Nick said as he ate a sandwich.

Zac stood there in the middle of the road staring at the path were Abby had just left.

"What do you think Abby is going to do that she has to go there?" Zac asked.

"Um, pee? I mean you don't expect that she will do her 'needs' in front of all of us, did you?" Nick said.

Zac gave a sigh not convince of that.

"Look if you're not sure about Abby being alone in the forest; just go after her, Zac." Taylor told Zac.

Zac nodded and went after her.

"You do know that Abby is going to be pissed if Zac follows her, right?" Nick asked Taylor.

"I sure do, that is the idea." Taylor said with a grin.

Abby's P.O.V

I just needed a minute alone; the constant words I heard about my wolf referring to our mate were tormenting me.

'They wouldn't if you just succumbed to it.'  My wolf said.

'Succumb? But what does that say about the future Alpha of one of the most powerful packs in America?'  I asked my wolf.

'We both know that since Zac as you mate he will take the authority of such position.'  My wolf said back at me.

'But do you think he is the best option to be the Alpha?' I asked her.