Training

Josh (😱)

"No, Jake, you're holding your wand all wrong," Kiana frowned.

Ever since this morning she has been training Jake on how to cast spells better. She's also been teaching him how to fight.

"I can't get it, this is hard, I'm hopeless," Jake frowned.

Now, I've never seen my brother give up on anything in his life before so this was surprising.

"Maybe you just need a break Jay," Kiana said.

"Maybe I do Kay, can I lay on your lap, I like it when you play with my hair?" Jake asked.

I felt my blood boil. Jake knew I was madly in love with Kiana. How could he even ask that?

'You know the spell, just a quick simple spell and she will be yours' the locket said. I wasn't aware that I was holding up my wand. Kiana turned around her smile dropping.

"CRUCIO"

Kiana wrapped her arms protectively around Jake and nothing happened. The spell reflected off of her and bounced back to me. I fell to the ground shaking. I felt the locket being ripped off my neck. The pain had finally stopped and I watched as everyone held their wands up at me.

"Why did you do that?" Harry asked.

"It's that bloody locket, it got to me this time," I admitted.

"The locket least affects me, all of you turn into a different person when you wear it, I'll keep it on, no switching," Kiana sighed. "Now if you excuse me. I need to recollect my thoughts. Alone."

Kiana walked off with her wand held tightly in her hand.

"Josh, can I talk to you?" Jake asked sternly.

I nodded as Jake helped me up. The two of us walked away from the other three and he shoved me against the tree.

"Why did you do that?" Jake asked. "You may be my brother but I care a lot about her. And no, not in the way you think she's like my sister Josh, so why did you try to curse us."

"I couldn't help it ! I took one good look at the two of you so close and caring! I want that," I yelled.

"Mate. You and I both know she's in love with Harry," Jake said. "I've told you time and time you need to move on."

"Don't tell me what to do," I yelled.

I noticed a bright flame fly by Jake's face as he dodged it.

"No. I didn't just do that," I yelled.

The clear sky got cloudy and I heard rain pour down.

"Jake. What's going on with me," I frown.

"I think I know why you're so attached to her," Jake said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're her Protector," Jake said. "We need to talk to her. She can help."

Jake's hand wrapped around my wrist as he pulled me back to camp.

"Kiana," He yelled out.

Kiana landed in front of us and scowled.

"What part of," she began.

"Josh. He's like you. He's a protector. He's chosen you as his soul mate," Jake said.

"How is this possible, Grandpa said you weren't like me," she muttered. "Our blood transfusion. We have the same blood. Josh calm down I'm getting soaked in the rain here."

I paced my breathing and the sun came back. Kiana took one look at me and smiled.

"Oh, it's going to be fun training you," she smiled. "Come on. I'll teach you about the elements and what they can do."

***
Harry

The four of us watched as Kiana taught Josh how to control the element of Water.

"Why now?" I asked.

"Why now what?" Jake asked.

"Why does his protector powers come out. Why'd he have to pick the girl I love as his soul mate?" I asked.

"I've been wondering the same thing," Jake said.

"Did you see the way the spell reflected off of her?" Hermione asked.

"Yes. What's that about?" Ron asked.

"I think it's one of her newfound abilities. I guess we will have to ask her," I said.

"No, Josh that's not how you don't feel the emotions. Just let it through," Kiana chuckled.

I smiled. I stood up and walked towards her.

"Hey Kay, how's it going?" I asked.

"I don't know, how do you feel Josh?" She asked.

"Tired. Hungry. Overworked," Josh groaned.

"So still up to do it five more times. Alright," Kiana said.

"You're the worst teacher. Not even a break," Josh groaned. "I feel like I'm on your quidditch team."

"You think my grandfather gave me a break," Kiana asked.

"What made him realize you needed one?" Josh asked.

"I would faint. But, if you faint I'll set your arse on fire," she said.

I pulled her in for a hug and chuckled.

"Can MY teacher and I have some alone time," Josh growled.

"It's fine Josh, you can take that break now, I need to check my map again," she sighed.

I faced her body towards mine and sighed.

"Annalise is fine. She's strong and Brave like you okay," I said.

Kiana kissed my cheek and then nodded.

"She has to be," Josh said.

"Just promise me something both of you," she asked.

Josh and I looked at each other before nodding.

"When and if we go back, Crabbe, Goyle, Blaise, Alecto and Amyis are mine to destroy am I clear? I don't want help. I want them dead for what they've done even if I have to kill Blaise he wasn't that bad you know considering he was in Slytherin," Kiana sighed.

Kiana then walked away from us and joined Hermione. I faced Josh.

"She's my soul mate and my protector. Paws off," I snapped. "I saved her from a path of destruction and I made her happy again."

"Well I saved her life," Josh said.

"So have I, multiple times," I spat. "I'm watching you."

I felt a fireball light up behind me and I ducked. It hit the tree which set on fire. Kiana ran out from the tent and set it out using water.

"Josh, I told you! Fire was for later! Control your overexcited self," She scolded.

Josh stood next to me and whispered,"Her perfume smells good in the night."