B.D : Hermione

Hermione Granger

The raindrops hit the roof of my house. The water streaked down my glass window as I stared outside. I set the copy of the Daily Prophet down on my bed. I looked out of my window only to see more raindrops fall. I have to do this to keep them safe. I have to wipe their memories of me, my friends and the wizarding world. 

"Hermione, Sweetheart," my father called from downstairs.

"Yes Dad," my voice cracked.

"Tea is ready darling and mum is pulling in from the driveway," Dad said.

"I'll be down," I said.

When I didn't hear a reply I took a leaf from Kiana's book and placed the Muffliato spell around me. I let the sobs escape from me. What I am about to do is the right thing right? It will keep them safe right? Maybe I should call Kay, she always has the best advice! I pulled my phone out of my pocket and scrolled through my contacts to find her. "Sister'. I pressed the green button that allowed us to chat face to face. She immediately answered, her smile decreasing.

"Mi, are you crying? What's wrong, I'm coming to get you," She said.

But before I could say no stay where you are she appeared in my bedroom. I set my phone onto my bed and she pulled me in for a hug.

"What's the matter," She asked. "Was it Cedric? Did he stop by yet. The twat must be sleeping still he and Lucas are going to take your mum and dad to the safe zone."

"It's not him I mean he did send me a letter but that's not why I am crying," I sniffled.

My eyes then glanced out my door and she hugged me tighter.

"You've been thinking about doing it right, you know we can send them into hiding," she said.

"I would rather erase their memories of us and send them to Australia, it's far and it's fun but I can't do this you're good at it can you," I asked.

"Well, are you all packed?" She asked.

I nodded.

"Do you want to say goodbye?" she asks.

I shake my head.

"It's too hard to say goodbye lets just get this done, hunt some Horcruxs, destroy Voldemort and live happily ever after," I said.

"Mi, you know you don't have to go," she frowned. "You can keep them safe."

"And leave you with those idiots," I sniffled. "Wouldn't dream of it. Besides we work better together."

"I guess we aren't the little girls anymore," she said.

"Remember how we first met," I chuckled.

"You were obsessed with Cedric, oh, remember what he said to you the first time you met him," Kiana chuckled.

"Cedric, Cedric Diggory," I said.

"But you can call me 007," she chuckled.

"Hermione, dear the tea is getting cold," my mum said from downstairs.